The City of London Police.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spindrift

Which rather suggests that this thread's allegations of a vendetta against cyclists is mis-informed.

No, since there are no targetted campaigns against vehicles.

there are for cyclists.

City of London police issue more FPNs to cyclists than any other police force.

they have never issued a FPN to an ASL broacher, or someone parked in a cycle lane.

Clear bias.

Cab

srw said:
I stand by my assertions about motorised RLJs. They're really rather rare where I cycle. And, unlike most of the posters on this thread, that's throught the City of London - Holborn to Leadenhall. Yes, across the Bank junction. What I see there from cyclists is often horrible - a hideous lack of care for themselves and others. What I see from drivers is almost always responsible.

The evidence does not support your claim. Unless your own observations are not backed up by survey data from London and Glasgow, said data already being quoted here. You're either seeing a totally different set of people to everyone else, or you're ignoring the blatant red light jumping common among motorists.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
spindrift said:
they have never issued a FPN to an ASL broacher, or someone parked in a cycle lane.

Source? The FOI request only talked about bike offences. How many FPNs have they issued to motorised RLJs?

srw

Cab said:
The evidence does not support your claim. Unless your own observations are not backed up by survey data from London and Glasgow, said data already being quoted here. You're either seeing a totally different set of people to everyone else, or you're ignoring the blatant red light jumping common among motorists.

I've already challenged that data twice in this thread. What does it mean?

Cab

srw said:
Which rather suggests that this thread's allegations of a vendetta against cyclists is mis-informed.

No, it doesn't. It suggests that there is an automated way of catching motorists breaking certain rules. It does not suggest that spending police time concentrating on cyclists breaking the same rule (and causing far less harm) is a good expenditure of resources.

spindrift

Cycling gets a raw deal in the City: with the highest cycle flows in London but the worst safety record of anywhere in the UK, the Corporation of London failed to spend the money given to it for new cycle routes in 2001, 2002 and 2003, let alone consider spending any of its own considerable reserves, being the richest area in Europe. In fact all there is came from a half-hearted attempt to make some cycle routes in 1999 and 2000, which still have not beend signed.

Meanwhile the City Police offer zero tolerance for cyclists and zero enforcement for cycle facilities. They have never fined any driver who stops illegally in cycle lanes orblocks cycle boxes ('ASLs') at traffic lights. However they happily ticket more cyclists than any other police force despite being the smallest in the UK.

srw

Cab said:
I suggest that '1 in 10' is not a difficult statistic to comprehend.

1 in 10 is the easy bit. But 1 in 10 of what? I've already explained upthread at least two possible explanations. Which one is it? Or is it something totally different?

I could correctly say both that every cyclist jumps red lights, or that 10% of cyclists jump red lights. Different ways of measuring the same thing give different statistics.

And spindrift - are you sure you're not a spin doctor? Those paragraphs were cut and pasted directly from someone else's campaign. What do you really think yourself? Personally I quite like cycling through the City, and don't see blocked cycle lanes or missing signs.

spindrift

And spindrift - are you sure you're not a spin doctor?

You aksed me a question, i answered it, this isn't the place for you if you sulk and throw insults every time you're proved wrong.

Top Bottom