1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cookson Chronicles - His actions as UCI president thus far

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Crackle, 13 Oct 2013.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

He should try and get Michael Ashenden back in some capacity if possible.

3. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

4. Crackle

Crackle Pah

I was wondering about that. I suppose the best he can do is marginalise him but he's still the elephant in the room.

5. thom

thom ____

6. resal

resal Senior Member

Thom that was so funny. It has made my day.

So after 6 months notice, during which time, it never for a second looked likely that Pat would win, and even the most moronic of rotten eggs would have had time for the penny to drop, even if it were traveling at the speed of a glacier, that they needed to remove any incriminating files, .........

.......then the "A" Team swoop.

What makes it so incredibly hilarious is Cookson thinks we are as stupid as he is and tells it just like Baldrick revealing his most cunning plan.

Moment of the day. Thank you.

7. Hont

Hont Veteran

"I don't like to think there was anything serious, but we had to take the precaution"

That's just good governance. If they had done nothing, they would have looked incompetent.

Last edited: 24 Oct 2013
  8. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Absolutely. Resal makes a fair point about the evidence already being dealt with but that's hardly something Cookson could control until he was in a position too. Also I think the interview I originally linked to answers a lot of Resal's criticism of Cookson, don't know if he thinks that though.

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah

10. deptfordmarmoset

Cookson has taken a £76,000pa pay cut. (Or more importantly, we now know McQuaid was paid over £300,000 pa.)

11. thom

thom ____

Holy Moly that is a lot of cash for a cash strapped organisation. I think £300,000 would fund a whole woman's team for a season !

12. deptfordmarmoset

13. Crackle

Crackle Pah

No wonder Pat refused to answer questions on his salary and that was without the (alleged) backhanders from caught dopers

14. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

15. deptfordmarmoset

Aye, it'll look like dodgy horse trading to some but I'm giving Cookson credit for trying to loosen the omertà.