Votes: 1 100.0%
  • northern ireland specific party

• eligible but not voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

darkstar said:
I'm at uni in Liverpool and received a promotional pamphlet from the BNP. Ripped it up immediately, the sad thing is though they will get quite a few votes up here. Thats the exact reason i have applied for a postal vote, my vote for the torries will at least make a difference back home.

What is quite a few?

Can we have some facts on this?

Lets compare your ward and constiuency at Uni and "back home" ?

on the road

Über Member
They might get votes just like anywhere else, but they won't get any seats. Liverpool is a mixed society, many different races and many different religions so the BNP will have a tough time trying to get seats here.

darkstar

garrilla said:
What is quite a few?

Can we have some facts on this?

Lets compare your ward and constiuency at Uni and "back home" ?
That comment was purely based on the European election results, not so long ago (2009). Griffin won a seat for the north west region, i know Liverpool did not show the highest number of votes for the party compared to other settlements, Labour were the huge majority. Over 5300 people chose to vote for the BNP in Liverpool though, which no matter what you say is a large number. When added to the 9200 votes for UKIP as well, which could easily be converted over to the BNP the result could be surprising. With all manor of advertisement and a likely higher proportion of voters i can only see this number rising. I'm not saying they will gain a seat though, far from it, they have no chance.

Sorry, i mean no offense it's just how i see it. I love Liverpool, i've enjoyed my time here immensely. Anyways even with the BNP taken out of the equation my vote for the Tories would still be wasted up here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom