The Daily Mail gets all uppity ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
Petranella Wyatt has previous for this

Dailymail website is full of linkbait like this on all sorts of subjects, everytime i click on it i dont feel annoyed or angry with what i'm reading but disappointed that i've given them another hit!

dodgy

Lots of links to the Daily Mail, haven't we learned anything? You click on it, you're indirectly paying for the product.

davefb

Guru

Dailymail website is full of linkbait like this on all sorts of subjects, everytime i click on it i dont feel annoyed or angry with what i'm reading but disappointed that i've given them another hit!

They genuinely once had "right wingers are thick says study".. if that wasn't an attempt to get links, i don't know what is..

if you can stomach DM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...conservative-politics-lead-people-racist.html

400bhp

Guru
Is it possible to actually read the Daily Mail?

To me, when you start to read your mind drifts off somewhere else. For most that do look at it/buy it on a regular basis, they "read" the first sentence/storyline which is designed to appease and strengthen their bigotry.

I'm sorry, but if this had read 'Car driver hit and run leaving cyclist with seriously broken arm', you wouldn't be saying this.
RLJ'ing is endemic in London by many commuter cyclists at the end of the day (as anywhere else here TBH)

Irrespective of her ranting and putting the world to rights in her column, her mothers situation should be given the respect it deserves. The cyclists should have ridden at a speed which they could stop in the distance seen to be safe, and they should have stopped at the scene of and accident. I find the latter to be very cowardly when they put someone on the floor through their selfish stupidity. It is unforgivable whatever mode they use to get around with.

What we need to realise is that muppets are simply that muppets!

The sad reality is that the youth will be driving his chavriolet in exactly the same manner in a couple of years!

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
If you read the Daily Mail, you get what you deserve!

Cancer of the eyes probably.

DrLex

merely the moocher

May I suggest that you install the Tea and Kittens plug-in for your browser of choice? Then, should you accidentally click on a link to the Daily Fail, you'll view a picture of tea and/or kittens - most soothing!

dondare

Über Member
I'm sorry, but if this had read 'Car driver hit and run leaving cyclist with seriously broken arm', you wouldn't be saying this.
RLJ'ing is endemic in London by many commuter cyclists at the end of the day (as anywhere else here TBH)

Irrespective of her ranting and putting the world to rights in her column, her mothers situation should be given the respect it deserves. The cyclists should have ridden at a speed which they could stop in the distance seen to be safe, and they should have stopped at the scene of and accident. I find the latter to be very cowardly when they put someone on the floor through their selfish stupidity. It is unforgivable whatever mode they use to get around with.
If a car driver had injured a cyclist the DM wouldn't have printed it even once.

D

Deleted member 23692

Interesting wikipedia page on this Petronella fool. One bit which jumped out was....

"She writes against cycling in London as championed by her ex-lover Boris Johnson"

Hell hath no fury?

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 2032368, member: 1314"]It's a regurgitated 2010 article:

Last week I met a friend for coffee. 'How is your mother?' she asked. I stared into my latte. 'Um, she had a serious accident. Her arm is broken.' 'Oh, no. What on earth happened?' 'She was run down by a bicycle.'

2010 article here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-cult-cycling-frail-mother-knocked-down.html

Bikebiz article here:
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/da...olumnist-wants-cyclists-to-be-licenced/013603[/quote]

That's the lowest form of journalism. I won't open the Daily Fail link as I don't want anything to do with them, but I assume it's by the same journalist?

Top Bottom