The different types of cyclists becoming clear now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Other roadies commuting or leisure riding never say hi but always check you out :becool:
That's a

Right there

OP
OP
DSK

DSK

This wasn't intended to be a labelling thread but, just something I've seen in my area as of late. Its nothing to do with helmets, lights or bright tops.

But, rather just an observation of how some riders in my areas seem oblivious to surroundings and others who, despite one saying hello to whist passing in any direction, they just ignore you. I was just stunned this morning as someone whose standing on a main road of all places would move, let alone u-turn without looking, its a just a basic check one would do, regardless of what mode of transport you use.

Many kids and families ride well with or without helmets with regards to just having common sense on the roads. Its just the incidents I have witnessed in recent weeks, in my area seem to be from a certain style of rider.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm the only cyclist in my village.
... the only serious :angry: cyclist ..,

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not wise strava segment chasing in residential areas. Too much unpredictable stuff going on, like you found out.
Indeed, and not just in residential areas, anywhere in fact. Unpredictable or stupid actions are not the sole preserve of 'improper' cyclists, there is also a broad segment of pedestrians and motorists to look out for, not forgetting children and animals as well as inanimate objects such as branches falling from trees, wheelie bins or rubbish blowing into the road, footballs bouncing over fences, etc. Then of course there are the 'proper' *(insert chosen user group here) who are perfectly well skilled but have just made a genuine mistake. In fact there are loads of unpredictable occurrences happening all the time. So many that it is almost..... predictable :rolleyes:

I was out late one summer night and the BMX bandits were playing around, just the kids not the pro grade ones we have. A lady was riding her bike downhill towards them and I could calculate the exact second that the herd of bmxers would leave the pavement and swarm onto the road without looking. Sure enough, like a veteran Uboat captain, they had plotted a precise intercept course to the unfortunate lady on a bike and almost downed her.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I was out late one summer night and the BMX bandits were playing around, just the kids not the pro grade ones we have. A lady was riding her bike downhill towards them and I could calculate the exact second that the herd of bmxers would leave the pavement and swarm onto the road without looking. Sure enough, like a veteran Uboat captain, they had plotted a precise intercept course to the unfortunate lady on a bike and almost downed her.
How unpredictable! :whistle:

Top Bottom