The different types of cyclists becoming clear now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A third class citizen. If a BSO rider were a country they would be Argentina. BSO riders are beneath contempt, a piece of sputum stuck to the U bend of cycling life. Or at least that's what some people seem to think - I'm pleased to see anyone one a bike, even a BSO.
What does BSO stand for?

davidphilips

Veteran
Strange thing about cycling, takes a very short time to learn how to ride a bike, but takes a life time to learn how to be a very good cyclist.

As far as BSOs go, who started out on a £3,000 or a £10,000 bike?

Like a nice bike and have a few but would rather see a BSO being used than an expensive bike hanging on a wall.

Another view i have is that the most important parts of any bike is the engine and the ecu or brain.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I think some people are confusing the term BSO with the term "inexpensive bike". A BSO isn't merely a cheap bike, and of course there's nothing wrong with a cheap bike. A BSO is something very different... it's always clearly designed by someone who's never ridden a bike, it's often assembled by someone who has never ridden a bike, it almost always has one of those Y shaped frames, often yellow and red with a seemingly random name like "Stormer", it has a backwards fitted fork, brakes that bend when you apply them, bolts that shear off when an allen key looks at them in a funny way. No, BSO and cheap bike are not the same thing.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Wah. Can't we all just . . . get along?
Next you'll be asking why 'Roadies' don't wave to MTBers prompting a round of

1622645150012.png

Punkawallah

Über Member
That’s just Raleigh riders prejudice coming out, not like us superior Dawes riders :-)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That’s just Raleigh riders prejudice coming out, not like us superior Dawes riders :-)
Oi I've got Carlton, Ridgeback, Saracen and Dawes bikes here as well as my 4 Raleighs plus a Trike and an unknown brand 653 TT bike (handmade but with no serial number or decals other than the Reynolds 653 ones)

Punkawallah

Über Member
Oi I've got Carlton, Ridgeback, Saracen and Dawes bikes here as well as my 4 Raleighs plus a Trike and an unknown brand 653 TT bike (handmade but with no serial number or decals other than the Reynolds 653 ones)

Obviously a 'well rounded' individual :-)

But you don't have a problem - you can stop anytime you want. You just don't want to ;-)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Obviously a 'well rounded' individual :-)

But you don't have a problem - you can stop anytime you want. You just don't want to ;-)
Yep I have to physically stop myself from rescuing any more 'abandoned' bikes.

I once went through the process of deciding which of my bikes would go if I was forced to 'downsize' and came up with good reasons to keep em all they're all built (by me) to serve a different purpose

Top Bottom