The dog.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Last week i had a visit from the Council a lady stayed with me for forty mins,general chatting and the dog barked and barked.
She then went round to the house despite no one being at home.She got access via the next door neighbour to see the living conditions.She phoned me next day and told me a few things.Weds was as quiet as a mouse.Thursday and Friday was back to normal.It got that bad Friday i shut the doors and windows to cut him out.
Since then six days have passed and not one bark,it's amazing i have no idea what they have said or done but peace and quiet reigns here in my part of Leeds.

Oxo

Guru
Sounds as though bark is worse than his bite?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My next door neighbour's terrible at tying knots but he plays awful classical music on his piano.

His Bach is worse than his bight.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
One more cast aside dog due to the intolerance of a neighbour?
So, you'd be prepared to tolerate "Thursday and Friday was back to normal.It got that bad Friday i shut the doors and windows to cut him out" indefinitely? What a saint.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
My next door neighbour's terrible at tying knots but he plays awful classical music on his piano.

His Bach is worse than his bight.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................................................................
Ummm....how about "One more dog found a home more suitable to it, than in a house where it's on its own all day?"

I have worked with th NCDL or " Dog's Trust" on a voluntary basis for a long time and have seen the level of care that people who leave their dogs alone out all day tend to leave them in. Not pretty. People should undergo a "suitability check" before being allowed to own pets that need regular exerise and fredom to roam/explore. Any dogs rehomed by the NCDL/RSCPA have their potential new homes checked out by the charities for suitability. If a dog is inside all day, barking, causing damage, then maybe it is distressed. Should the owners of said dog be allowed to own a dog? NO.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
So, you'd be prepared to tolerate "Thursday and Friday was back to normal.It got that bad Friday i shut the doors and windows to cut him out" indefinitely? What a saint.

I wonder about the fol;k who live further up the street from Postman and more or less opposite me. Someone has chickens in their back garden and the early morning noise that they make is horrendous for their neighbours. Thankfully the attenuation of the racket is such that it is not an irritant on my side of the street.

lordloveaduck

The dog is better off not being with people who are incapable of looking after it and teaching it how to behave. If it get's re -homed good and if it get's put to bad.
Then again we don't know if the dog is there or not.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
When the council tell me what has happened i will let you all know.I understand some of you have different feelings to me but barking due to being left alone in a small 'L' shaped concrete pen is not my idea of looking after a dog.
The back garden flower beds and lawn is fenced off to the dog,so i suppose it does not shoot on it.So the play area this dog has is under the dining room window the kitchen window and a third of the drive stopped by a very large wooden gate.
I would say the width of the area is not big enough to give the dog much comfort.And it's cover is an old kids plastic wendy house.It's alone from 09-30 till around 17-30.Not much fun for it.So if you doggy lovers think that's the way to treat a dog well ok.
But it's not my idea of loving care.I will also say that i wrote to the couple saying the barking was a nuisance and could they do something with the dog.Nothing happened so after many more months i took the only action i could see i let the pro's deal with it.
Let me give you the last Friday times.Friday 6th july.weather Biblical proportions of rain,water flowing down Stonegate Road like a river.
We get back from shopping unpack then have lunch.I am sitting in the conservatory reading and having a sandwhich,It's 1209 the dog starts 12-09,12-40,12-45,12-50,12-55,12-59,13-03,13-06,13-12,13-18,13-22,13-24.
By 13-30 i had had enough and shut the door it had been slightyly ajar.
So if that and the previous two years is normal for a dog,i will eat my hat.These times have been put on a noise diary and are a true fat incase it goes to court.

on the road

Über Member
It's more likely the council would have got the RSPCA to get the owner to sign over the dog, the council officers wouldn't have taken the dog themselves. If the RSPCA did take the dog then after curing any illnesses and giving the dog a bath they would put it up for re-adoption, they won't put it down unless they felt it was too aggressive to rehome.

On the other hand they might have given the owner advice and a notice to comply, often that's all it needs.

It's always been my oppinion that anyone shouldn't own a dog if they're never there for it for 8 or more hours everyday, unless they can get someone to look after it while they're in work. Dogs are social animals and need interaction, to leave them on their own like that for hours on end everyday is just cruel. Some people just get dogs because it's the in thing, they don't know how to look after them and don't know how to train them. They're too scared to let it off the lead because they haven't trained the dog to come back to them when called, when it's raining the dog's cooked up in the house all day, or if they have a garden they just throw it in the yard.

You won't hear a dog constantly barking if the owner looks after them properply.

Top Bottom