The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The list of paid up DD attempters and distance (in miles)
theboxers 95
Breedon 121
Whorty 121
CXR Andy 60,95
Turbotommy 95,121
(provided one of the glampers don't cut his brake cables for being a mouthy git!)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
theboxers 95
Breedon 121
Whorty 121
CXR Andy 60,95
Turbotommy 95,121
(provided one of the glampers don't cut his brake cables for being a mouthy git!)
I've booked for the 95 !
Staying at the Hampton hotel that Adam assured me is like Buckingham palace but without the riffraff outside

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I've booked for the 95 !
Staying at the Hampton hotel that Adam assured me is like Buckingham palace but without the riffraff outside
theboxers 95
Breedon 121
Whorty 95, 121
CXR Andy 60,95
Turbotommy 95,121
Berty Basset 95

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

theboxers 95. OK it's now official, the money has left the bank :eek:
Breedon 121
Whorty 95, 121
CXR Andy 60,95
Turbotommy 95,121
Berty Basset 95

Add

Diet starts tomorrow

theboxers 95. OK it's now official, the money has left the bank :eek:
Breedon 121
Whorty 95, 121
CXR Andy 60,95
Turbotommy 95,121
Berty Basset 95
Randy Berlin 121 Metro (looking at the countdown clock as big motivation)
Adski 121 At home!

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
You'll have to keep an eye on the £ @Randyberlin, get a lot for your money at the moment.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
advice needed from someone whos done dd - should i take a heavier bike with real small granny gear ( giant rapid with triple - smallest gear i think is 30 - 30 ) or is everyone bringing bling to the party ? trouble with that is my gearing can only go down to 34 - 29 - think i would rather bike on a banger than end up pushing posh.
what sort of gearing are people thinking ?

theboxers

advice needed from someone whos done dd - should i take a heavier bike with real small granny gear ( giant rapid with triple - smallest gear i think is 30 - 30 ) or is everyone bringing bling to the party ? trouble with that is my gearing can only go down to 34 - 29 - think i would rather bike on a banger than end up pushing posh.
what sort of gearing are people thinking ?
I think I going to end up on the BMC hybrid flat ber with it's 26x34 rather than my GT grade with 36x32. As much as I prefer the position on the GT I doubt I'd be able push the low gear up 25%. I may even struggle on the BMC due to the length of time it'll take with such a low gear :eek:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I think I going to end up on the BMC hybrid flat ber with it's 26x34 rather than my GT grade with 36x32. As much as I prefer the position on the GT I doubt I'd be able push the low gear up 25%. I may even struggle on the BMC due to the length of time it'll take with such a low gear :eek:
i think that could be the problem ! if the gearing is too easy then legs might spin out - gonna have to have some test runs i think

theboxers

A 36x11 @ 80 rpm is good for 22 mph, 48x11 is nearly 30 mph. If it was a race I'd consider a 52 up front but it' snot. I'd rather be able to go up, without the need to walk, as the in built momentum generator I have will help on the way down :mrpig:.

i think that could be the problem ! if the gearing is too easy then legs might spin out - gonna have to have some test runs i think
I'm thinking along the same lines. Right now I use the Sram wifi with a 52/39 and 11/32 cassette. I have a compact crank 50/34 I will put on before the DD but the only big climbs I've done over the Rockies I did on a triple and it was sure nice to have the little ring on the front.

Top Bottom