The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
If you want to meet in the Metropole bar, I'll pull up outside at 5pm and lead the way to registration if you like? That gives you enough time to register and get back for dinner. I'll park outside and come and find you.
Two cars will get us all there.
The Showground can be take a bit of navigating.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
I'll pick you up on my to the Met Whorty if you like?

Your menu choices for Saturday night. It's a 3 course meal, bit pricey at £26 per head, but will be nice. If this is too much, I can book us into a mates restaurant across the street, which will be cheaper, but not on quite the same level.
There is plenty of carbs on offer, but if you would rather something specific, they will accommodate, as long as I get plenty of notice to inform them.
Your thoughts gentlemen?
Thought there would be nothing that could make me feel worse about missing the ride this year. But this menu did.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
on the sunday i will be in a small van so could take some bikes but only one passenger if that helps - if i could cadge a lift on saturday would be nice but not essential :shy:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Haha! Is it that lame? I've got a few hours to kill Saturday and I'm not a big fan of lawn bowls or afternoon tea...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm about 1/2 stone heavier than I wanted to be for the DD. Anyone have a good way to lose this blubber before Sunday :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
i've been busy stuffing me face to try and gain weight - now at a podgy 10st 4 - guessing at the end of the ride i may well be ducked below 10 again - so anyone sees me struggling i aint that heavy to carry !!

I'm 3.5 stone heavier ... so when you pull away from me easily on the climbs you'll know why :mrpig:

Top Bottom