The Double Devil containment thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Listen just because Bob ain't coming, it's not an excuse for you two to pick up his book of excuses! (volumes 2&3 I believe by the sounds of it...)
The pain killers and Volterol should be good to stave off most problems. Been slavering it over my knees (not only Bob with dodgy knees) and achilles tendons for the past week :eek:

My biggest concern though is still my shoulders and the pain I get there when on the bike for a long time. If I can get through that I should be fine.

Oh, and the fact I can't descend and I haven't mastered how to take the water bottle out of its holder whilst still cycling :wacko: Every time I will need to eat or drink I'll have to stop :banghead: Hey ho, give me a chance to rest :biggrin:

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Whorty the shoulder thing is something most of us probably have suffered with and is bloody painful. There's loads about cycling and shoulder/neck pain online and even though it's a bit of a bottomless pit of opinions it's worth looking into. Sometimes it's fundamental problems with your set up of the bike / fit. Other times it can be lessened by simple things like adjusting your position and making sure you stretch and try and keep as loose as possible as the hours tick by.

My bike is quite aggressively set up so it can effect me sometimes. In fact sometimes I have to try make a balance between pace and fatigue. I've been thinking about this over the last few days. I know the longer I spend on the bike the increased chance of aches and pains. But pushing too hard can also cause faster muscle fatigue so... it's a bit of a balance and I probably won't get it exactly right on the day because it's gonna hurt either way.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Listen just because Bob ain't coming, it's not an excuse for you two to pick up his book of excuses! (volumes 2&3 I believe by the sounds of it...)

Being succinct by nature and proffession i would only ever need the one volume ta very much TT:tongue:

Shoulder and back pain-easy to say but just try and stay relaxed. I have been practising on rl rides. Hands in the drops rather than on the hoods. As lower back begins to twinge hands on hoods, relaxed arms and shoulders. If neck/shoulder start up then back down into the drops, even if its the upper bit just below gear levers. I find this works for me and more so than just sitting up-though i will do that occasionally too. Feck, succinct version-just move around!

Whorty

Bike in van. Tent in van. Just bag of clothes and cooler box in the morning then I'm on my way. Hoping to set off about 9 ish, and should be at the camp site about 1 ish if traffic is OK. Silver T5 with Animal decals ... if anyone sees me give me a wave :wahhey:

rob01792

Über Member
hi guys hope u all have a safe journey and ill see u Sunday morning

couldn't resit this lovely weather and went out for a 40 mile ride today just hoping I don't pay for in on Sunday

Whorty

@rob01792 - did you really ride 41 miles today? You're a braver man than me :notworthy:. I need to be as fresh as possible for Sunday morning.

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Bike in van. Tent in van. Just bag of clothes and cooler box in the morning then I'm on my way. Hoping to set off about 9 ish, and should be at the camp site about 1 ish if traffic is OK. Silver T5 with Animal decals ... if anyone sees me give me a wave :wahhey:
Give me a bell mate when you arrive, I'll come and meet you, give you a hand getting set up if you like!

Top Bottom