The dreaded knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probablty not pain so much, just tightness in the muscles/tendons to the side of my knees. I wouldn't mind but I've been using cleats for about 18 months now and not really had any problems. I was off the bike over Christmas due to lack of grip, icy roads and laziness, but was back on late January, and it hasn't felt the same since. To my knowledge nothing has moved and I haven't injured myself ,so it loks like I might have to go into the new LBS to my work, Green Wheel Cycles, who offer various fitting services, to see if they can prove anything.

PK99

Legendary Member
Probablty not pain so much, just tightness in the muscles/tendons to the side of my knees. I wouldn't mind but I've been using cleats for about 18 months now and not really had any problems. I was off the bike over Christmas due to lack of grip, icy roads and laziness, but was back on late January, and it hasn't felt the same since. To my knowledge nothing has moved and I haven't injured myself ,so it loks like I might have to go into the new LBS to my work, Green Wheel Cycles, who offer various fitting services, to see if they can prove anything.

if you have jumped back on the bike after a month and more off and are doing as you did before the break, then it might be a simple overuse injury - best to ease the mileage back up over a week or two

I'll try, but tend to forget and push a bit harder than I intended :blush:
Funny thin is it's more or less equal in both knees, feels like they're trying to twist my feet outwards all the time.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I'll try, but tend to forget and push a bit harder than I intended :blush:
Funny thin is it's more or less equal in both knees, feels like they're trying to twist my feet outwards all the time.

Mmmm Sounds a bit familiar....Lots of stretching Mark....Every conceivable one you can think of...espeacially hip flexors!

Top Bottom