The early season day races thread 2013 *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Flecha, Ladagnous and Bazayev in an escape group of three with 44 seconds on the peloton. The gap was bigger but is coming down rapidly - Sky have come to the front and noticeably upped the pace when Boonen fell off not so long ago - looks like Boonen is too far off the pace to come back now. Unlucky. 60km to go...

EBH and Sagan conspicuous by their presence near the front of the race. Cav is still in the peloton.

Buddfox

Veteran
As a more general comment, I'm really starting to get into these day races. Up until a couple of years ago my interest was limited to the Grand Tours (and realistically then the Giro and the Tour). There's something quite inspirational about a 'big balls' break for home, like Boonen in Paris-Roubaix last year of Cancellara in RVV this year. I find it mildly entertaining, when it makes sense to do so, to get down in the drops and just put the hammer down to emulate these kinds of performances.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Cancellara's had a crash and looks to have a lost a section of his shorts on the road. Still in the peloton though so not so bad.

U

User169

Cancellara's had a crash and looks to have a lost a section of his shorts on the road. Still in the peloton though so not so bad.

He's still there, but his arse his hanging out of his shorts.

5km to go. Cav well placed.

Top Bottom