The early season day races thread 2013 *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Another FDJ victory today for Arnaud Demare in DP du Denain! :bravo: And 3rd for Bouhanni.
That's the 5th FDJ victory since 31st March!!

Here's a nice little video of Arnaud and some kids:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE1yqmZlZgw

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Another FDJ victory today for Arnaud Demare

I saw that news yesterday and was going to post it myself but didn't bother because I thought you'd be along soon enough to share it with everyone. ;)

He does look like the real deal, doesn't he? Is he the latest New Laurent Jalabert?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ha! I was thinking more of the way every new young French prodigy that breaks through is labelled The New Jalabert, especially if they can sprint a bit. But you're right - it would be unfair to put that label on him if we actually like the kid.

Noodley

There seems to be a genuineness about FDJ this year, both in terms of their application to riding and training clean and starting to deliver some results. I'll refrain from stating that any of them are the "next" anyone, but I have a positive feel about this crop of riders. But I'm biased, I still view Bradley Wiggins as a FDJ winner of the Tour :laugh:

raindog

er.....
The riders may or may not be clean, I wouldn't know, but the sponsorship's a bit dodgy

I've got an old Cofidis cap that makes me feel like an ex-doper when I wear it ^_^

Noodley

Soupe's girlfrend has given birth. Just in case anyone was interested. Which was a bit quick given that he only announced the news of his impending fatherhood last week!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Soupe's girlfrend has given birth. Just in case anyone was interested. Which was a bit quick given that he only announced the news of his impending fatherhood last week!
It's Sandy Casar's baby innit.
I hear they're going to name the baby, French Onion...

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Mauro Santambrogio takes the GP Industria & Artigianato on the weekend, signalling his intent to takes stages at the Giro, at least, and a win for Mattia Gavazzi in the Giro della Toscana yesterday - a beast of a sprinter!

And that's just about it for this thread this year, I guess. Once the Giro starts we're no longer in the early season...

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Mauro Santambrogio takes the GP Industria & Artigianato on the weekend, signalling his intent to takes stages at the Giro, at least, and a win for Mattia Gavazzi in the Giro della Toscana yesterday - a beast of a sprinter!

And that's just about it for this thread this year, I guess. Once the Giro starts we're no longer in the early season...

A good result for Gavazzi (and also for Phinney, 3rd). I like Gavazzi, he's had a bit of a topsy-turvy career to date and it'd be nice to see him to well (hopefully avoiding any tempting discos!).

raindog

er.....
OK, not single day, but the 4 Jours de Dunkerque starts tomorrow.
http://www.4joursdedunkerque.org/

AFFICHE_2013.jpg

Top Bottom