'The End Of CycleChat As We Know It' forum ride (Hebden Bridge, 20th Nov)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calum

Bloody working a random 9-1 shift in the morning. Why couldn't they have just given me a full day Saturday instead, rather than two half days? Grrrr :angry:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bloody working a random 9-1 shift in the morning. Why couldn't they have just given me a full day Saturday instead, rather than two half days? Grrrr :angry:
Bummer!

When my mum used to work in a department store, her crabby boss often gave her 2 shifts on the same day with a 3 hour break in between! If it was once in a given week, she used to go out and do her shopping. Extra days though, she would come home for lunch, do some housework for an hour and a half, then have to go back to work again!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Full brekky in the cafe? ;)

Of course, at every opportunity!

I am actually hatching an insane plan to ride to the start and then home again afterwards to make it a monster day. This way I may be slow enough on the official part of the route to keep up with you :tongue:

I just need to get final confirmation from the boss but initial negotiations last night were promising.

Alun

Guru
Sorry Alun - I was multitasking and it was only 2 hours later that I remembered about your broken leg! :blush:

I was hoping that I'd get back on here in time to delete that post before you spotted it - drat!
Haha, no worries ! I'll be up for anything you may plan next year with renewed vigor.

potsy

Rambler
No, still got the cast on my leg until 1st Dec

Must have missed this one, what happened Alun?

potsy

Rambler
Of course, at every opportunity!
This way I may be slow enough on the official part of the route to keep up with you :tongue:

Hey you've been on one forum ride and you're already giving me abuse :rolleyes::biggrin:

And don't forget I was extremely ill that day and not my usual speedy self, would be at least 5, 3, 1, 0.2 mph quicker if I'd been well :tongue:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Must have missed this one, what happened Alun?
Alun PMd me about it ...

Alun said:
I managed to fall off my MTB on the wet northshore in Gisburn Forest and have broken my leg. Thought I'd just sprained my ankle and had to walk/ride back to the car from the far end of the forest. I only knew it was a fracture when the swelling wouldn't go down after 3 days and I went to the hospital. Still it's a fairly straightforward fracture of the fibula and should heal OK. I'll be fit for the Spring into the Dales !
Ouch! :wacko:

Top Bottom