The end of the helmet argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Che palle! (google that ^_^)

This is simply flawed by the size of the cohort and the observation technique.

Let's go to another limited cohort the drivers on a race track....

"I've wondered if I'm in charge of the brain or if the brain is in charge of me. After a bit of thought and people-watching, I came to the conclusion that the brain is in charge. It came to me when I saw some people getting in their racing cars. The first thing they did was put on fire proof clothing and a crash helmet., which to me is a sign that the brain is just looking after itself. It doesn't tell you to look after your knees or elbows by wearing pads, it just tells you to to look after it, so that's why I think the brain is in charge."

[QUOTE 1869042, member: 45"]"I've wondered if I'm in charge of the brain or if the brain is [/quote]

"I've wondered if I'm in charge of the d*** or the d.......... " ----- no, let's just hope he never watched cricketers!

400bhp

Guru
This is simply flawed by the size of the cohort and the observation technique.

Let's go to another limited cohort the drivers on a race track....

They have to do it because it's regulation, not because the brain is telling them to.

sunnyjim

[QUOTE 1869042, member: 45"]...as it comes from the highest authority it's indisputable...

"I've wondered if I'm in charge of the brain or if the brain is in charge of me. After a bit of thought and people-watching, I came to the conclusion that the brain is in charge. It came to me when I saw some people getting on their push-bikes. The first thing they did was put on a cycle helmet., which to me is a sign that the brain is just looking after itself. It doesn't tell you to look after your knees or elbows by wearing pads, it just tells you to to look after it, so that's why I think the brain is in charge."

Pilkington, Karl (2008) Karlology; What I've learned So Far...: D.K.Ltd[/quote]

The first thing I do is put on my cycling shoes, apparently directed from brain central control. The brain thinks it's in charge, but what the brain doesn't know is that it's covertly being manipulated by the feet.
The again, even before putting on shoes, I've chosen to sit on something resembling a deck chair than a hatchet, so as far as cycling's concerned, the whole thing has actually been masterminded by the arse.

I don't think I'm alone here- a lot of people seem to have their brains entirely controlled by their arses.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
"Everyone always says Dolphins are intelligent and that, but I've never seen them do anything that's really blown me away. People say I'm a div but Dolphins are intelligent, it baffles me"

Garz

Squat Member
The first thing I do is put on my cycling shoes, apparently directed from brain central control. The brain thinks it's in charge, but what the brain doesn't know is that it's covertly being manipulated by the feet.
The again, even before putting on shoes, I've chosen to sit on something resembling a deck chair than a hatchet, so as far as cycling's concerned, the whole thing has actually been masterminded by the arse.

I don't think I'm alone here- a lot of people seem to have their brains entirely controlled by their arses.

The first thing I do these days is get permission from Wife Control. This simply is to nullify the chance of having a bake on when I return which could last for hours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom