The end of the helmet argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My brain tells me it's OK to descend at speed in the Malverns on wet roads.

My brain told me that the FTSE 100 would break 9000 in 2006.

My brain said nothing expensive could possibly go wrong with a five-year-old Citroen XM.

If my brain starts dictating what I should put on my head.... I'll probably comply.

The advice is generally crap, but it just wears down my resistance with its constant nattering. :sad:

Dan_h

Is this really the end of helmet debates? phew, I thought they might go on for ever! Personally I have decided not to take any more notice. Wear a helmet, don't wear a helmet - on your head be it... or not, I really don't care!!

classic33

Leg End Member
The first thing I do is put on my cycling shoes, apparently directed from brain central control. The brain thinks it's in charge, but what the brain doesn't know is that it's covertly being manipulated by the feet.
The again, even before putting on shoes, I've chosen to sit on something resembling a deck chair than a hatchet, so as far as cycling's concerned, the whole thing has actually been masterminded by the arse.

I don't think I'm alone here- a lot of people seem to have their brains entirely controlled by their arses.

The Boss.jpg

GrasB

Veteran
Surely driving at high speed in close proximity to other vehicles on a confined route is more risky than normal road use.?
Got any stats on that assertion?
:thumbsup:

Let's refine what Cunobelin said a bit... driving at high speed in close proximity to other vehicles with skilled drivers who are experienced in dealing with the car trying to spin out etc & regaining control on a confined route which has been developed in such a way to minimise injuries to the drivers should they lose control of their vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom