The end of the mountain bike boom?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

So a pedestrian wearing ipod whilst staring at smartphone prior to stepping out onto a road without looking ... gets all pedestrians a bad name?
And a motorist who approaches traffic lights at 35mph in a 30mph zone and then jumps the amber and red lights ... gets all motorists a bad name?
TBH, I don't think you need to look too hard around the forums to find examples of both of the above. :giggle:

screenman

Legendary Member
Fenland you have your opinion I have mine, which of course I know is the right one.

lulubel

Über Member
So for the same effort x time you have a choice of bragging to your mates about 48miles in 3hours,
or keeping the 25 miles in 3 hours quiet.

And that ladies and gentlemen is the real reason so many of you prefer your road bikes over
your mountain bikes. :laugh:

I prefer my road bike because I can go further and explore more places in the same amount of time. I'm not fast (on either bike) and I don't brag.

I guess you got that wrong.

screenman

Legendary Member
I ride both MTB and road, I did 3 hours off road yesterday at Sherwood Pines tomorrow I will do 2 hours on the road. Although I find the MTB good for off road and endurance training I do not find that it gives me road speed.

Anyone interested the new Red Route at Sherwood is quite good.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I prefer my road bike because I can go further and explore more places in the same amount of time. I'm not fast (on either bike) and I don't brag.

I prefer my MTB for all the same reasons, almost... I don't go as far but can explore more bridleways without worrying about my wheels. I've tried bragging but people smirked, so I stopped.

screenman

Legendary Member
Just another thought on bragging rights, I did a Police challenge once it was 100 mile off road ride, even the hardest roadies were impressed with that one. Rained all morning and was great fun

Top Bottom