The essential guide for new commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
If 100 people were to agree to print 10 copies off, that would be 1000 leaflets for only a small amount of expense per person. Of course some might be able to use office equipment for the print outs.....with permission of course! :smile:

It would be good to imagine that amount of people doing this, but i suspect the likelyhood will be 5 or 6 people...sorry.

Unless one of you guys can rally some additional support.:girl: (over to you!)

But, If we do, I would suggest we "concentrate our efforts" to two or three days of one week. That way the impact would be far greater.

I wonder If TFl would have any interest?

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
AnotherEye said:
How about a sticker to go on bike stands with a link? Could also do a flyer to put on parked bikes. This is marketing; why would someone who is already cycling want to read it?

to feel safer and hopefully keep on commuting into the winter (whilst telling alltheir friends):girl:

I'd be annoyed if I started seeing stickers around the place, including flyers on walls etc, we have enough rubbish around as it is (although inside a bike shed etc might not be such a problem).

Obviously check before you do it, fly posting is not allowed.

Maybe email a copy of it to a few companies that we know has a good number of cycling commuters - maybe they will share it for you.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I seem to have lost the ability to edt the original post so cannot new updates right now. In addition, the original seems to have vanished in the move from the old CC site.

I am in the process of talking to Shaun to help fix, in the mean time, if you need a copy please PM me and I'll sort out a way to send one to you personally.

PS, I just voted my post!!! but like a fool I gave myself only 3 stars??!?! what was I thinking!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
New person being dense alert! I'd really like to read this, but can't see any file to download. Help!

New you are...dense you are not.

Welcome.

somehow the PDF download has been lost when Shaun moved the site from its old location (and look) to this new one...I am in the process of trying to re-upload a fresh copy but need a little help from Shaun firts (I think he is sleeping after a marathon 48hour site move).

If its urgent I will set up a blog with a link for download there.

nasserblue

Sorry JJ no sign of the pdf here either. And I do not seem to be able to pm you either. If you are unable to post it up on the site, please could you email, and I'll give you another address...

Thanks for your help.
Nasser

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
JJ, couldn't you use the new Downloads section?

(Assuming that Shaun has it all working)

Oh for sure, in fact this is the very spot that Halo, Shaun and I tested the download capability before I posted it to the old site.

but I would like to add it "back" to the "essential guide" thread otherwise the thread has no meaning (I cant even edit the OP to show a new destination for the download right now)

thanks tho, good thinking

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Sorry JJ no sign of the pdf here either. And I do not seem to be able to pm you either. If you are unable to post it up on the site, please could you email, and I'll give you another address...

Thanks for your help.
Nasser

Hi Nasser. I sent across a copy on email to the address that you supplied me on the PM / conversation thingy. I take it it did not arrive?

did you get a reply to the conversation (on the cyclechat site) if so, feel free to reply to that and I'll send it to any email you like.

I will try to PM you now to see if that works.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
NOTE

as the attachment has been lost during the move (there's always something that gets lost in a move)

I have attached a copy in the downloads section under routes and maps. Its not an ideal location but it serves the purpose well.

go to

http://www.cyclechat.net/index.php?/files/category/1-routes-and-maps/

to find it and click the big DOWNLOAD button (which, believe it or not, I couldn't find the first time I visited the page!!)

enjoy

NOTE

as the attachment has been lost during the move (there's always something that gets lost in a move)

I have attached a copy in the downloads section under routes and maps. Its not an ideal location but it serves the purpose well.

go to

http://www.cyclechat...outes-and-maps/

to find it and click the big DOWNLOAD button (which, believe it or not, I couldn't find the first time I visited the page!!)

enjoy

I can't see any files there. Sorry! :huh:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I can't see any files there. Sorry! :huh:

can you try again, look for the pink headed City cycling guide banner (and hit it) then hit the big orange download button beneath the next message window.

give it a go because you are not the first person to say youi cant see it...but, oddly i can see it perfectly.

Top Bottom