The excitement and anticipation of a new frame!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I had Michelin 18c's on a stiff Columbus frame I'm surprised I had any filling left

I found an old 700c x 18 in the shed in good nick, I was going to fit it to a front wheel but then I thought what about my teeth, so slung it in the bin.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Still got 3 Conti 'Grand Prix 'Supersonic' 18s, they pinch flat below 150psi but still rattle your fillings loose. Mind you they're light, I've got inner tubes that weigh more.

LiamW

Actually surprised that you could fit tubes in them without nipping them. I have enough trouble these days with some 23c tyres.

OP
OP
carlton88

carlton88

Guru
A couple of snaps of the finished bike with the new frame.

DSCF0338_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0348_tonemapped.jpg

OP
OP
carlton88

carlton88

Guru
Thanks. I simply prefer the retro look and the Reynolds 853 feels good. I have no intention of fitting a cycling computer or any other gizmo. I suppose you could argue that the wheels look a little modern, but they'll stay I think.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Thanks. I simply prefer the retro look and the Reynolds 853 feels good. I have no intention of fitting a cycling computer or any other gizmo. I suppose you could argue that the wheels look a little modern, but they'll stay I think.
Could the decals be taken off the wheels, perhaps - it's the only thing that slightly jars* for me.

*scoring a 10/10 on the Picky Scale.

I'd love someone to define "Soul" or "Character" on an inert piece of metal.

Usually, when something has "character", people mean it is a load of crap, but they don't want to sound rude. A character trait usually means a flaw.

"My Harley Davidson is full of character".

Soul I'm not so sure about. I get the impression it means "to give me a stiffy". "My S-Works has lots of soul".

Top Bottom