England : Berkshire The Exurbia Boozer ride ..... 4th FEB 2017, Final details and roll call....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The hundred-yard stares were in evidence in the first photos of the day. I have mental images now of six-hundred yard stares.

Meanwhile we've knocked off a rather nice bottle of Douro with today's Ottolenghi, and we've just cracked open the Christmas Highland Park. I won't tell you what I've been reading because I'll get slaughtered for it.

I trust the lack of posts about the day itself is simply reflective of better things to do rather than any disappointment.

The hundred-yard stares were in evidence in the first photos of the day. I have mental images now of six-hundred yard stares.

Meanwhile we've knocked off a rather nice bottle of Douro with today's Ottolenghi, and we've just cracked open the Christmas Highland Park. I won't tell you what I've been reading because I'll get slaughtered for it.

I trust the lack of posts about the day itself is simply reflective of better things to do rather than any disappointment.
The Guardian is such a heap of crap these days that I don't even miss Ottolenghi or all the other twee stuff. It is a dead paper IMHO. Even Private Eye has taken to spelling the title correctly. Don't worry about reading a Lee Child/ Jack Reacher book though S - well executed writing - to match the characters! :rolleyes:
Hope everyone had a lovely ride and the ride leader led well. Sombre faces abound in the photos.

robjh

Legendary Member
Hope everyone had a lovely ride and the ride leader led well. Sombre faces abound in the photos.
Yes we do look a bit sombre in some of the pictures, but rest assured it didn't feel like that at the time. A really fun time was had, even if nightfall did catch us only 3/4 of the way around the ride. Beer drinking can take soooo long.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

'Today's Ottolenghi'! Off the middle-class scale!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
IMG_6530.JPG

IMG_6531.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6527.JPG
    IMG_6527.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6531.JPG
    IMG_6531.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6532.JPG
    IMG_6532.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6534.JPG
    IMG_6534.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6535.JPG
    IMG_6535.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6536.JPG
    IMG_6536.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6537.JPG
    IMG_6537.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 72

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
'Today's Ottolenghi'! Off the middle-class scale!
...while listening to Mozart and reading the Review section of the Guardian. And telling little Tarquin to stop playing with his quinoa otherwise he'd go to bed without his camomile tea.

Enough about me. I couldn't enjoy the ride in person - what was it like?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
...while listening to Mozart and reading the Review section of the Guardian. And telling little Tarquin to stop playing with his quinoa otherwise he'd go to bed without his camomile tea.

Enough about me. I couldn't enjoy the ride in person - what was it like?
It was great. Sunny and warm and full of friends and booze. We were over optimistic about the amount of boozers we could fit in and still make it back before we turned into pumpkins, so we are saving some of them for another day, which with luck you will be able to make in person. It was a kill or cure ride for me - I've been off the bike for a fortnight with a post-lurgy chest infection I can't shake off. I was advised against riding by various non-cyclists. Anyway I reckon it did me good, even if I did have to get off and walk on one of the hills that Foodie had promised wasn't going to be there.

Top Bottom