The final Stage - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Somebody has to say something. It's certainly a spectacle as always and with the group of ten well away it's interesting even if the GC doesn't look as if it's going to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
that break looks like it 'might' hold on

TimO

Guru
Well, it turned out like I half expected. I hoped something unusual would occur, but that break got caught, as is fairly typical on the Champs-Elysees, and it ended up as a bit of a messy sprint.

Still, good to see Contador winning the White and Yellow jersey, it must be one helluva feeling winning it so young!

I've been quite impressed with he Barloworld team in this tour, definitely a good wild card choice.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
How the hell did Millar manage to be eight in a sprint? Did he just have a great position at the front of the bunch and hold on? Or was he just running on anger at having his wheel explode yesterday?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I suspect Millar was hoping for a flyer! :thumbsup:

The last km was very messy and lots of riders leading out their sprinters peeled off to leave their sprinters to contest the finish. As their were only about five sprinters left in the race, Millar found himself up there. I don't think even he felt he would have had a chance in the sprint :thumbsup:

Blonde

Twas a bit of an anti-climax, but good to see the young 'un get his podium jersey and flowers. His puny climbers arms looked in danger of collapsing under the weight of that huge glass vase wotsit though! Wonder if they've ever had breakages or any podium men brained by flying trophies.....

Top Bottom