The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Wonder if anyone (possibly apart from their own fans, and even then...) would ever want MK Dons to win a game?
Quite. Noticed Proper Wimbledon beat Northampton. They're going to be moving back to Plough Lane!! Take that Pete Winkleman! Poor old Cobblers are having a 'mare of a season.

AndyRM

XOXO
Wonder if anyone (possibly apart from their own fans, and even then...) would ever want MK Dons to win a game?

My father in law. Really, really odd, but he doesn't really "get" football so I kind of let him off.

Their stadium is pretty good, but that's the only positive about them.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Every dog has its day but now it is time to press on for a European place.

I think Chelsea are going to suffer a tad over the next 4-5 years. With one of the lowest net transfer spends (£14m) last season we are starting to pay the price of a very thin squad.

With a new stadium in the offing I guess some Roubles have to be pared back somewhere and at the moment we just can't keep pace with the £200m net spends of the two Manc's clubs despite the huge commercial sponsorship deals we are doing - although our new Commercial Director appears to be ratcheting things up on that front.

Yesterday was made more miserable by the crowing of my B-I-L & S-I-L who were at the match (been supporting CP for over 4 decades). :sad:

Still, can't blame them - 'big scalp' and all that...

As an aside three hamstring injuries (Morata, Kante & Moses) racked up in short order seems odd. I think Arsenal had something two or three seasons back and it was linked to training methodology.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Palace looked doomed after seven straight defeats without a goal, yet one game and one win later they are only four points away from climbing out of the bottom three. The season has yet to take any meaningful shape.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thought you were a Blackburn fan this year?

Typical glory hunter ;)
It's only the 3rd Accy game i've been to this season. I said i was having a season off with me just going to the odd match,if i remember rightly. That'll be it now,unless we are promoted before the end of the season,then i'll go to the final home games.:whistle: As for watching Blackburn again,i don't think so. They charge £25 for 3rd division football and they're not doing too well,so i've changed my mind. Stanley will be playing the Rovers next season,with a bit of luck.;)

AndyRM

XOXO
Ashley has put NUFC up for sale. Again. A more attractive prospect now than in previous years? I wonder if they'll be the next club to attract a sheikh or an oligarch, though I suspect there's interest from China given the recent sponsorship deal.

gavgav

Guru
FA Cup 1st round draw tonight. Time to dream of a cup run for the minnows. Still think the competition has been hugely devalued over recent years though.

Wouldn’t mind Shrewsbury getting AFC Telford or FC Hereford, to generate a bit of interest.

gavgav

Guru
Home to Aldershot, not very exciting. Next balls out of the bag were Hereford v Telford!! Almost had one of them, but they’ve got each other instead.

AndyRM

XOXO
The World Cup play-off draw has been made:

SWEDEN V ITALY

DENMARK V REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

CROATIA V GREECE

NORTHERN IRELAND V SWITZERLAND

The only "easier" team the Ireland's could have drawn would be Greece I reckon. Republic with a slight advantage playing at home second perhaps?

Sixmile

Veteran
Republic landing on their feet again! Easiest draw and home second!

This seeding thing reeks anyhow. We were 4th seeds in our group, finish 2nd, then go into an unseeded pot to face nations who also finished second in their group (with potentially less points) after previously being seeded higher than other teams in their own group. Therefore they've (Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Swiss) already had a big advantage, i.e. playing weaker teams all competition, then get another advantage to draw a weaker team in the resulting play off. Then if we make the world cup, it's seeding again to make sure the bigger teams get an easier group to progress to the quarters. Just open the whole thing up, open draw, let France be drawn against Germany in the groups. Let Italy play Croatia in the play offs. Let Trinidad & Tobago, North Korea, Iran and Ireland be in the same World Cup group with Italy, Portugal, Germany & England in another group and see how they get on!

Top Bottom