The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Bloody hell, after a week of rumours and scary prospects (Gus McPherson, Ally McCoist) Killie have appointed Steve Clarke! It's like we've actually learned that going for rookie managers isn't a great idea. Only taken 4 seasons of disasters to work that out!

Think he'll do well.

AndyRM

XOXO
Think he'll do well.

He can't really do much worse than the previous 4 incumbents.

AJ - Way too early for him to have been appointed at this level. Looked like a lost wee boy in interviews and on the touchline.

Locke - Signed a bunch of his knackered pals and his only plan was working a bit harder.

Clark - Bizarre signing policy which, had it worked, would have been amazing. It did not. Keeping us up, Coulibaly and Woodman were highlights.

Jig - Again, too early and relied way too much on Boyd, who is finished.

3 year deal for Clarke, I hope he's given time to build something. We nearly managed it with Shiels but MJ couldn't handle his outspoken nature.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Bloody hell, after a week of rumours and scary prospects (Gus McPherson, Ally McCoist) Killie have appointed Steve Clarke! It's like we've actually learned that going for rookie managers isn't a great idea. Only taken 4 seasons of disasters to work that out!

He's a good lad - a bit of ex-Chelsea magic won't go amiss. :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
He's a good lad - a bit of ex-Chelsea magic won't go amiss. :smile:

Last had that from Pat Nevin. What a player he was!

ETA - I'd forgotten about Ben Gordon. He was great in his first spell with us, but Scunthorpe and Peterborough ruined him. Looking at his career since, we seem to have been the peak of it, which is something of a rarity.

Last edited:

J1888

Über Member
He can't really do much worse than the previous 4 incumbents.

AJ - Way too early for him to have been appointed at this level. Looked like a lost wee boy in interviews and on the touchline.

Locke - Signed a bunch of his knackered pals and his only plan was working a bit harder.

Clark - Bizarre signing policy which, had it worked, would have been amazing. It did not. Keeping us up, Coulibaly and Woodman were highlights.

Jig - Again, too early and relied way too much on Boyd, who is finished.

3 year deal for Clarke, I hope he's given time to build something. We nearly managed it with Shiels but MJ couldn't handle his outspoken nature.

Just think McCulloch was a hit and hope appointment tbh - sometimes it works out like Lennon at Celtic, other times it doesnt

AndyRM

XOXO
Just think McCulloch was a hit and hope appointment tbh - sometimes it works out like Lennon at Celtic, other times it doesnt

I'd agree with that. Similar to the Locke appointment, did well after the previous guy left but didn't carry that into the new season. I think he'll prove to be a solid enough manager in the future.

J1888

Über Member
I'd agree with that. Similar to the Locke appointment, did well after the previous guy left but didn't carry that into the new season. I think he'll prove to be a solid enough manager in the future.

Probably - thought he actually came across quite well in interviews, which I must admit I didn't expect

Andrew_P

In between here and there
roy.jpg

Smug-Roy.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well, Palace deserved that one - sadly I think that's Chelsea out of the title race. In a game of very fine margins three losses in less than the first quarter of the season is tough to come back from. Top 3 or 4 at best now.

City are absolutely flying and they'll take some stopping.

A mixed bag this week:
Hibs got beat 1-0 at home by Aberdeen
Forfar drew 1-1 away to Queen's Park
And in the amateur game we won 3-1, having gone a goal down in 5 minutes and played absolutely rubbish until the 40th minute when we grabbed an equaliser; we dominated the 2nd half and deserved the win. We remain joint top of the league (ok, 2nd, but only on goal difference...)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accrington play Coventry today,which is the first meeting between the clubs in 60 odd years. They're bringing 1800 fans which means they've sold their full ticket allocation. Hopefully it'll be a good game with both clubs neck and neck up near the top of the table.
Stanley won 1-0.:smile: We played very well. Coventry played in a naff black and grey strip. Why they didn't play in their traditional sky blue i don't know. We're up there with the leaders,so this could be our year.:okay:

Top Bottom