The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Van Dijk is a good player, no doubt...and in the mad world of EPL/La Liga/PSG transfer fees, it's tough to work out whether he's a good signing at that price.
As a lifelong LFC fan I agree.
If he fits in
If we win the league next year
Then he will justify the figure.
If.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
If he fits in
If.
Have you seen Man City?

Although the mighty Palace are about to bring their unbeaten season to an end on NYE. 1-0 with 99.9% possession to Man City and we hit them on break in the 90th minute. Their defenders will be so cold by then they would have seized up.

J1888

Über Member
If he fits in
If.

Look, he isn't going to make Klavan or Lovren a top-class defender just by being there, but I think that him and Matip could make a decent partnership. They both probably need to sometimes look at the way they defend set-pieces (they're not the worst at all, but think both of them do sometimes switch off a bit).

Van Dijk has all the attributes to be a top, top player, but it's just hard to figure out just HOW good he currently is, as Southampton aren't a particularly good side

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you seen Man City?

Although the mighty Palace are about to bring their unbeaten season to an end on NYE. 1-0 with 99.9% possession to Man City and we hit them on break in the 90th minute. Their defenders will be so cold by then they would have seized up.
Yes.......awsome.
But we have all seen what a couple of injuries** added to a couple of transfer requests can do.
**as an example V. Company.....brilliant then a string of injuries.
And it looks like you will lose your manager.
He has just paid £2.3M for a flat in Manchester so he is obviously hopeing Manure get rid of Moaniho so he can get that job. :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
True, though that's what they said when Alf Common went to Middlesbrough from Sunderland in 1905 for £1000 (An eye watering 95k in today's money).

Did they? I wasn't around.

I understand that money has always driven football, but it seems to me that the amounts paid for average players in England is ludicrous. Stones? Pickford? Sterling? Van Dijk?

Teams in other countries must just stick another zero on a players price tag.

Absolutely mental.

ETA: Other players are available. Those were the first which sprang to mind.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Just my luck we play Arsenal just before the transfer window and the Master Sanchez decides its time to place himself back In the shop window. What a player. Worse still I can see Arsenal coming in for Zaha to try and replace him.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Blimey, the number of players Liverpool have taken from Southampton, Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Mane, Clyne, Van Dijk.

Apparently Doris the tea lady is next.

CI099RFWEAAj8ey.png

Slick

Guru
Always love old firm day despite it not being new year and the early kick off. I'll take a point as so much of the so called clever money was on Rangers to get a doing. I just wish that team would turn up every week.

J1888

Über Member
Always love old firm day despite it not being new year and the early kick off. I'll take a point as so much of the so called clever money was on Rangers to get a doing. I just wish that team would turn up every week.

Rangers were very good second half, much more up for it than Celtic. Personally, I think that Celtic are knackered and a number of players are badly out of form. Winter break couldn't come quick enough

Slick

Guru
Rangers were very good second half, much more up for it than Celtic. Personally, I think that Celtic are knackered and a number of players are badly out of form. Winter break couldn't come quick enough
Yeah, maybe. I'm obviously going to focus on my teams improvement especially after some horrendous performances lately. First one in a while that we really could have won. Despite what other fans have told me, I've always known Craig Gordon was a cracking keeper.

Top Bottom