The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru

Very good, but from Rangers point of view, that was a woeful performance, certainly the worst I've seen in a long time. No intention of taking anything away from Kilmarnock who have now taken 7 from 9 so no fluke. What a difference a week makes.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pompey back to winning ways, at last, away to Oldham.
Fingers crossed for Wigan tomorrow ;)
At Anfield, Mo Salah is keeping the scoreboard guys busy. First hat trick and now on four. Plus the assist for Firmino's goal. £37m price tag was being questioned by some in the summer. Now looks rather good value…

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Meanwhile back in the real world, Accy are doing ok. :thumbsup:
http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ague-two/11294867/accrington-3-1-forest-green
As It Stands
Team P GD Pts
1 Accrington Stanley 37 23 74
2 Luton 38 39 71
3 Notts County 38 21 66
4 Wycombe 37 18 66
5 Mansfield 37 18 63
6 Coventry 37 12 61
7 Lincoln City 37 13 60
8 Exeter 36 6 60
9 Swindon 37 3 60
10 Carlisle 38 7 56
11 Newport 37 0 53
12 Crawley 37 -2 53
13 Colchester 37 3 51
14 Cambridge 38 -12 50
15 Cheltenham 38 -1 45
16 Stevenage 37 -5 44
17 Yeovil 37 -10 42
18 Morecambe 36 -10 39
19 Port Vale 37 -12 38
20 Crewe 37 -17 37
21 Forest Green 37 -20 37
22 Grimsby 38 -25 37
23 Chesterfield 36 -28 31
24 Barnet 38 -22 30

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Good luck @SpokeyDokey team in the semi . I think the team with a bit more quality edged it today . Our quality of the final ball was poor so we never put you under pressure long enough .Another year to wait for a semi 1982 the last one !!! I was there seems a lifetime ago

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good luck @SpokeyDokey team in the semi . I think the team with a bit more quality edged it today . Our quality of the final ball was poor so we never put you under pressure long enough .Another year to wait for a semi 1982 the last one !!! I was there seems a lifetime ago

Time flies - have spent 47 years supporting CFC.

Good game allround I thought. Kante bossed it closely followed by Albrighton imo.

TVC

I can always tell how well Leicester did by how quickly after the final whistle the owner's helicopter leaves the training ground. It has just flown over my house. :rolleyes:

MarkF

Guru
Very good, but from Rangers point of view, that was a woeful performance, certainly the worst I've seen in a long time. No intention of taking anything away from Kilmarnock who have now taken 7 from 9 so no fluke. What a difference a week makes.

What difference? Yer lost again.:okay:

Bradford now on 2 points out of 27 and hurtling down the table, an incredible turnaround, a catastrophic decision to sack our ginger maestro and replace him with hoof-a-thon Simon (I'm a Championship manager me) Grayson. The result will be 19k ST holders turning into 15k, at best.

I too hope Man City go through, be a great final Man City v Barca/RM + I can't stand Liverpool, not that I walk alone there..............

Good luck to Accy, even though they cheat.

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
Good luck to Accy, even though the cheat.
I quite like Accy (the footie team) apart from the wage thief, McConville :evil:

Being slightly more of a fan of the red side of Manchester it's a tough call who I want to go through in the CL, shame they can't both go out ^_^

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Barca still have to be favourites, and Roma are probably the weakest team in the draw. Bayern shouldn't have much trouble with Sevilla…but then, frankly, neither should they have been difficult for MU, or Liverpool. Real slight favourites ahead of Juventus, but the Old Lady could kick any other team in the shins. As for the British contingent, it could go either way. City more likely, just. Hopefully the aggregate scoreline will get into double figures. Any of that lot would be worthy winners of the European Cup [as it should still be called, IMHO], there's no 'easy route to the final' here.

Slick

Guru
What difference? Yer lost again.:okay:

Bradford now on 2 points out of 27 and hurtling down the table, an incredible turnaround, a catastrophic decision to sack our ginger maestro and replace him with hoof-a-thon Simon (I'm a Championship manager me) Grayson. The result will be 19k ST holders turning into 15k, at best.

I too hope Man City go through, be a great final Man City v Barca/RM + I can't stand Liverpool, not that I walk alone there..............

Good luck to Accy, even though the cheat.
The difference was in performance.:okay:

If it was just home and away then that would be pretty good. But that f+cks our ludicrous 4 OF games a season TV deal so it will never happen.

Anything that gets rid of the split would be a great alternative. Why we persist with that joke of a set up is beyond me.

Can anyone remember why there is a split?

ozboz

Guru
Time flies - have spent 47 years supporting CFC.

Good game allround I thought. Kante bossed it closely followed by Albrighton imo.

I have been following MCFC since 1956 , we won Birmingham in the FA Cup , famous for Bert playing through with a broken neck , also in that game a certain Jack Dyson from Oldham scored in the 3-1 win , he also played 1st Class Cricket for Lancs ,
The other half of Manchester won the Div 1 title that season , without losing a game and 3 draws , we were 4th ,
Maybe even less known , '56 was the first European Cup Final , Madrid beat Reims 4-3 on agg in Paris , Madrid won the EC five consecutive times , interestingly Reims beat Hibernian in '56 3-0 on agg in the semi final ,

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
At Anfield, Mo Salah is keeping the scoreboard guys busy. First hat trick and now on four. Plus the assist for Firmino's goal. £37m price tag was being questioned by some in the summer. Now looks rather good value…
Less than half the price of legendary glowering bench-warmer, Pogba. Absolute bargain. The man is a force of nature.

Top Bottom