The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I think that was the plan but how that suits two teams more than the others is beyond me.

I was listening to the radio Clyde phone in the other week, and not one supporter called in favour of the split yet every single member of the panel was against yet more reorganisation.

I think every team could point at reasons why it doesn't suit them.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think that was the plan but how that suits two teams more than the others is beyond me.

I was listening to the radio Clyde phone in the other week, and not one supporter called in favour of the split yet every single member of the panel was against yet more reorganisation.

I think every team could point at reasons why it doesn't suit them.

My comment about two teams was a bit throwaway. The split is shite for everyone.

Stephenite

Membå
I quite like Accy (the footie team) apart from the wage thief, McConville :evil:

Being slightly more of a fan of the red side of Manchester it's a tough call who I want to go through in the CL, shame they can't both go out ^_^
By some quirk of genetic coding one of my brothers is a city fan whilst the rest of the family are red. As he had the good grace to quietly want Utd to win in '99, for me, city are the lesser of the two evils.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By some quirk of genetic coding one of my brothers is a city fan whilst the rest of the family are red. As he had the good grace to quietly want Utd to win in '99, for me, city are the lesser of the two evils.
You should all support a proper team,like this lot from Norway do!!!;)
shirt-sponsor.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have been following MCFC since 1956 , we won Birmingham in the FA Cup , famous for Bert playing through with a broken neck , also in that game a certain Jack Dyson from Oldham scored in the 3-1 win , he also played 1st Class Cricket for Lancs ,
The other half of Manchester won the Div 1 title that season , without losing a game and 3 draws , we were 4th ,
Maybe even less known , '56 was the first European Cup Final , Madrid beat Reims 4-3 on agg in Paris , Madrid won the EC five consecutive times , interestingly Reims beat Hibernian in '56 3-0 on agg in the semi final ,

I missed most of '56 as I wasn't born until November that year!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nice! Is there a particular connection? Killie are pals with Kaiserslauten who thrashed us 5 - 0 on aggregate back in 1999. I wasn't there but apparently there was great craic when we visited Germany.
The connection is that they are part of "The Official Norwegian Accrington Stanley Supporters Club". When i say part it's probably most if not all of them.:okay: They were at last Saturday's match,hence the picture. They've been coming over about 3 times a season,for many years. Since the early 1990's i reckon.They always have a half time sing song,played over the intercom system.(put your finger in you ears!):ohmy::laugh:

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Jeez, another international break this coming weekend :angry:

Scrap the blasted things altogether, nobody cares.

MarkF

Guru
Bradford lost, again, 2-0 v Donny, not seen anything like this run in my life, having spent 18 months top six, we've now amassed 2 points from 30 and are the worst (form) team in Britain. Our beloved Stuart sacked, his crime? Apparently over achieving, mutinous fans and an ugly new manager giving us 1 point out of 12. It's all gone very quickly belly up.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bradford lost, again, 2-0 v Donny, not seen anything like this run in my life, having spent 18 months top six, we've now amassed 2 points from 30 and are the worst (form) team in Britain. Our beloved Stuart sacked, his crime? Apparently over achieving, mutinous fans and an ugly new manager giving us 1 point out of 12. It's all gone very quickly belly up.

Compare this to Accrington Stanley who are the best form team in Britain:angel:. Hey,don't go getting relegated Mark. We have unsettled business to attend to. Remember that game about 8 years ago where Bradford robbed us to win 2-3 right at the death? We're out to avenge that!!:evil:

Top Bottom