The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Well the Shrews played rubbish at Wembley for our fourth visit in a row.

We did have to put up with a dreadful referee, who let the Lincoln striker Rhead get away with assault on our goalkeeper, but we just simply didn’t play anywhere near like we have all season.

It’s looking more and more like we will end up in the Play Offs now and so a possibility of returning to Wembley for a fifth time.

I’m not sure I can face it!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We rode our luck but if you don't take your chances you have only got yourself to blame.
I am over the moon with a point and our next game at home to stoke is going to be a big six pointer.
Teams these days seem to have trouble closing out games where they dominate. Today was one example and the Manchester derby yesterday was another. The half time completely alters the balance of a match and it is something I've noticed more and more in recent years.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

We did have to put up with a dreadful referee, who let the Lincoln striker Rhead get away with assault on our goalkeeper, but we just simply didn’t play anywhere near like we have all season.

It’s looking more and more like we will end up in the Play Offs now and so a possibility of returning to Wembley for a fifth time.

What do you reckon to the EFL Trophy Gav? Some say it's a chance to play at Wembley for lower league clubs/teams while some say it's a waste of time and affects teams league form/position. I was kind of glad Accy went out of it fairly early. I also felt the same about the FA Cup,but at least the FA Cup gives smaller clubs a chance of an attractive money making draw. If Accy had gone all the way to the EFL Trophy final i wouldn't have gone to Wembley. How much was a ticket for yesterday's match by the way?

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru

We are prepared for another reet good hammering on Thursday night, you will take confidence from that game. Since McCall was sacked shortly after some sort of owners/players "incident" our players have pretty much gone on strike and they and the fans are now in open mutiny. Never seen anything like it, ugly mug Grayson has promised 10 changes v Shrewsbury, I am assuming only the keeper retains his place.

gavgav

Guru
What do you reckon to the EFL Trophy Gav? Some say it's a chance to play at Wembley for lower league clubs/teams while some say it's a waste of time and affects teams league form/position. I was kind of glad Accy went out of it fairly early. I also felt the same about the FA Cup,but at least the FA Cup gives smaller clubs a chance of an attractive money making draw. If Accy had gone all the way to the EFL Trophy final i wouldn't have gone to Wembley. How much was a ticket for yesterday's match by the way?

I am completely against the Under 21/“B” teams being in it from the Premiership and Championship. I refused to go to a single game, whilst they were still in it and would have boycotted Wembley had we been playing Chelsea U21’s, not Lincoln.

It’s the sort of tournament that I am glad if we get knocked out of it early on, but once you get to the Semi Final, then you may as well get to Wembley and have a day out.

However, I would take victory there, in the Play offs, over winning the Trophy any day.

£48 for my ticket. Expensive!

gavgav

Guru
We are prepared for another reet good hammering on Thursday night, you will take confidence from that game. Since McCall was sacked shortly after some sort of owners/players "incident" our players have pretty much gone on strike and they and the fans are now in open mutiny. Never seen anything like it, ugly mug Grayson has promised 10 changes v Shrewsbury, I am assuming only the keeper retains his place.

We do have this knack of being generous to out of form teams though!! I’ve seen it many times over the years.

MarkF

Guru
We do have this knack of being generous to out of form teams though!! I’ve seen it many times over the years.

Not this time, and it's not about form, the 1st team have gone on strike, we have self-imploded, we all know we'll lose and would prefer to see a bunch of kids lose. If these owners are here next season we'll go straight through to the conference, 2 years after being 90 mins away from the Championship, everybody is telling them the same thing, you can't operate a German bonus pay per point system when the other 23 clubs are offering money upfront.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Listening to the Man City v Liverpool game on the radio,the commentator keeps going on about some fans who've been ejected from "some expensive seats" for celebrating Liverpool's goal. "Expensive". Mmm, we must be talking a few hundred quid i thought. No! 2 grand a ticket,they said!!:ohmy::eek:

MarkF

Guru
Listening to the Man City v Liverpool game on the radio,the commentator keeps going on about some fans who've been ejected from "some expensive seats" for celebrating Liverpool's goal. "Expensive". Mmm, we must be talking a few hundred quid i thought. No! 2 grand a ticket,they said!!:ohmy::eek:

Oh well, at least that is some sort of result.

U

User32269

_20180410_221935.JPG

Lullabelle

Banana
Oh well, at least that is some sort of result.

We work with a guy who is so obsessed with Liverpool it is easy to forget he is married with 2 kids, hoped they would lose so tomorrow I could listen to the other guys rip into him, instead he will turnup in his scarf and talk about the game from beginning to end, a blow by blow account of the entire game :tired:

Top Bottom