The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru

vickster

Legendary Member
Wembley Stadium, Saturday 5th May, 5:30pm KO. £15 to get in.
Thanks! Shame can’t do that date :sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Congratulations @Accy cyclist That’s one hell of an achievement for a club of your size.

We’ve blown automatic promotion now, so you will have another celebration with Blackburn, most likely, as well.

We need to get some sort of resemblance of form back for the Play Offs, as currently we are a pale shadow of the team who’ve been amazing all season.
No i won't be celebrating Rover's promotion,if it happens.

4B423E7C00000578-0-image-a-7_1523993789590.jpg

+12
Billy Kee (centre) scored twice as Accrington Stanley beat Yeovil to secure promotion

4B4242A200000578-5627079-image-a-20_1523997296891.jpg

+12
Kee fires his second goal past Yeovil goalkeeper Jonny Maddison after only 28 minutes

4B423D8400000578-0-image-a-5_1523993779602.jpg

+12

The forward is mobbed by his team-mates after netting a first-half brace on Tuesday night

4B42C27300000578-5627079-image-a-5_1523999061624.jpg

+12
John Coleman celebrates after hearing the final whistle, knowing his side are going up

4B42C34F00000578-5627079-image-a-6_1523999098194.jpg

+12
The elation carried through into the changing rooms with the euphoric celebrations

4B42C3AF00000578-5627079-image-a-7_1523999126894.jpg

+12
The bubbly is cracked open and sprayed around the changing room as promotion party begins

Just a few pics from last night's celebrations. There were a couple of Blackburn fans down the pub,after the match. Miserable slightly bitter chaps they were.:rolleyes: I could tell by their faces what they thought of Stanley's promotion,as i walked in. No "well done" or "i'm pleased for you". No. "You won't last more than one season","You've bought your promotion"!! Bought our promotion?!:laugh: Stanley's team cost something like £100,000 whereas Luton spent about 2 million trying to buy promotion. :rolleyes:

When i started watching Stanley 15 years ago,they were in the Conference,while Blackburn were a Premiership side. I'd love to play Rovers next season,especially away,though it looks like they might be going up.

Best wishes to Shrewsbury in your quest for promotion,and if you do somehow pip Blackburn for one of those automatic promotion places i wont be shedding any tears!:secret:

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
No i won't be celebrating Rover's promotion,if it happens.

View attachment 404827

+12
Billy Kee (centre) scored twice as Accrington Stanley beat Yeovil to secure promotion

View attachment 404828

+12
Kee fires his second goal past Yeovil goalkeeper Jonny Maddison after only 28 minutes

View attachment 404829

+12

The forward is mobbed by his team-mates after netting a first-half brace on Tuesday night

View attachment 404830

+12
John Coleman celebrates after hearing the final whistle, knowing his side are going up

View attachment 404831

+12
The elation carried through into the changing rooms with the euphoric celebrations

View attachment 404832

+12
The bubbly is cracked open and sprayed around the changing room as promotion party begins

Just a few pics from last night's celebrations. There were a couple of Blackburn fans down the pub,after the match. Miserable slightly bitter chaps they were.:rolleyes: I could tell by their faces what they thought of Stanley's promotion,as i walked in. No "well done" or "i'm pleased for you". No. "You won't last more than one season","You've bought your promotion"!! Bought our promotion?!:laugh: Stanley's team cost something like £100,000 whereas Luton spent about 2 million trying to buy promotion. :rolleyes:

When i started watching Stanley 15 years ago,they were in the Conference,while Blackburn were a Premiership side. I'd love to play Rovers next season,especially away,though it looks like they might be going up.

Best wishes to Shrewsbury in your quest for promotion,and if you do somehow pip Blackburn for one of those automatic promotion places i wont be shedding any tears!:secret:
I fully agree on the bitterness of their supporters. The contrast between Wigan fans (who have congratulated us all season on our continuing pushing of them for promotion) and the Blackburn fans, who have done nothing but snipe, send vulgar tweets to our fans and players and generally act like obnoxious idiots, couldn’t be more apparent.

Will have no problem congratulating Wigan on promotion, but Blackburn absolutely no chance.

I was at Station Park, Forfar, last night watching them play v Cowdenbeath in the Development League East. It was a 2-2 draw. It turns oput that it may be the last ever Development League game that I'll watch as there is none next season, with a Reserve League taking it's place. The number of "East" teams applying for this is not likely to be large so it might see the end of Forfar having midweek "not 1st team" games as they would unlikely be in the position to be able to afford travelling long distances midweek, especially as a part-time club with players with "proper jobs". Another great idea from the powers that be...

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I was at Station Park, Forfar, last night watching them play v Cowdenbeath in the Development League East. It was a 2-2 draw. It turns oput that it may be the last ever Development League game that I'll watch as there is none next season, with a Reserve League taking it's place. The number of "East" teams applying for this is not likely to be large so it might see the end of Forfar having midweek "not 1st team" games as they would unlikely be in the position to be able to afford travelling long distances midweek, especially as a part-time club with players with "proper jobs". Another great idea from the powers that be...

Nobody could accuse you of lacking dedication.

We've just scrapped our Academy, in part due to this Project Brave rubbish that's been designed to hoover up any talent and feed it to the Old Firm. Reserve League is better than nothing I suppose.

Just found out I've won a draw for our "star" striker's boots and a seat at the club's annual gala dinner on Sunday. Much excitement.

Top Bottom