The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

PaulB

Legendary Member
So,they've gone from wearing red to wearing burgundy. I saw one in the flesh today. It certainly isn't the red we're used to seeing Liverpool wear.
It's not burgundy it's red. And it's been the same colour - shirt details changed for the new one - for more than a year now so I can only assume you've not seen them on the telly or anyone wearing that shade of red in East Lancashire in that time. It's a hark back to the shade worn by the Hunt/St.John/Thompson teams of the 60s.

AndyRM

XOXO
Blimey, Zidane has resigned as Real Madrid manager a few days after winning his third consecutive Champions League.

Allardyce and Moyes must have their ears pricked...

Player power involved here IMO. Ronaldo and Bale both say they are considering there futures and a week later Zidane leaves? Nothing suspicious about that...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Italy 19:45 Netherlands
They play each other tonight in a friendly,but why?!!
What have they to play for i ask?! Neither of them are going to the world cup finals,so they won't be using this match to decide on squads,positions tactics etc. Both nations will be sadly missed at the finals(shoot,i can't even wear my 2000 Italy shirt or my 1988 or my 2006 Netherland shirts during the world cup as someone will think i'm a thicko who doesn't know both teams aren't in the finals:unsure:). Playing each other in a meaningless friendly must be so disheartening!

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Normally I would agree, but both Italy and Holland have new coaches and are in need of shaking up their national sides so playing each other made sense. The Dutch are probably slightly ahead on the rebuild front I think.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak