The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A good result for Barnet this afternoon. a 1-0 win away at Sheffield Utd. With a favourable draw tomorrow we could get a bit further.

Some big upsets today,but yours must be the best win.

potsy

Rambler
Have some of that, @Accy cyclist :tongue:

Screenshot_20190106-190756~2.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My other observations are despite scoring, Andy Carroll is a complete donkey, and how he once cost £35 million is a complete mystery to me.
Not complicated...Chelsea had bid £50m for Fernando Torres (with hindsight, a good deal only for Liverpool) so LFC had a large pile of dosh, and the need for a star striker. Carroll looked like a good bet, but Damien Comolli (soon to be ex-director of football) let Newcastle shaft him and the club on the price. That, and Luis Suarez was bought at the same time (and worked out rather better)....

ozboz

Guru
Very Happy for Oldhams win , I served my apprenticeship working for an Oldham firm and lived in the town for many years , lots of friends and family there , also Newport , good wins for both teams

Should mention Barnet also !​

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
Today was written in the stars.

Boyhood Shrewsbury fan, local lad and former player, Dave Edwards, returns to the club, 11 years after leaving for a great career at Wolves (via a short spell at Luton) and many Welsh international caps.

We then draw the very same Wolves, out of the hat, in the next round of the FA Cup, if we could sneak past Stoke in the replay.

Our manager, Sam Ricketts, also spent many years at Wolves.

Sometimes I just love Football!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You’ve a good chance against anyone up at your place. Will be routing for you!

Even if we go out in the next round,we'll have had a very good run in this year's competition. Our manager said the club's aim was to get as far as possible,making as much money as we can from gate receipts and winning bonuses which will help the club not necessarily buy better players,but provide more money to pay in wages which will keep our better players at the club. The last time Stanley had a run like this in the cup the money gained meant the club could afford to go full time,which led to our return to the Football League.

ozboz

Guru
If newcastle play wolves then 4 prem teams out of it next round ,
Should be an inreresting round ,
I havnt seen Klipperties reaction to their loss tonight , but id say theres not much dissapointment ,

gavgav

Guru
If newcastle play wolves then 4 prem teams out of it next round ,
Should be an inreresting round ,
I havnt seen Klipperties reaction to their loss tonight , but id say theres not much dissapointment ,
Think it’s Watford that they could play?

Top Bottom