The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Clattenburg now saying that Kane was offside in the Spurs vs Chelsea match on Tuesday night.

This follows a review of the incident with a 'tactical camera' that was not used on the night as a) it did not have superimposed lines, b) the VAR officials are under time pressure from the PGMOL to make a decision quickly and c) the PGMOL are advising the referee's to not use the pitch side monitor again because of time pressures.

I'm a big advocate of VAR but this incident was far from the best advertisement for its accuracy and use in general.

Let's hope that these issues get ironed out quickly.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think last night's humiliating defeat inflicted on Burton Albion shouldn't have happened. The Man City manager should've told his players to take their foot off the gas after say 4 or 5 goals. It's not like they needed the goals to boost their goal average as is the case in the Premiership. 4 or 5 would've easily taken them through,even though there's another leg to be played. I remember the Germany manager during the 2014 world cup being reported to have told his players to ease up on their goal scoring against Brazil in the semi final,to not humiliate the world cup hosts.

ozboz

Guru
I think last night's humiliating defeat inflicted on Burton Albion shouldn't have happened. The Man City manager should've told his players to take their foot off the gas after say 4 or 5 goals. It's not like they needed the goals to boost their goal average as is the case in the Premiership. 4 or 5 would've easily taken them through,even though there's another leg to be played. I remember the Germany manager during the 2014 world cup being reported to have told his players to ease up on their goal scoring against Brazil in the semi final,to not humiliate the world cup hosts.

I couldn’t see the point in hammering them like that either ,

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You know when a club lets some kid or a lifelong fan take a'penalty' at half time,as they've always wanted to score a goal against/for their supported club and then the keeper just happens to dive the wrong way to let the weak,pea roller shot in to make the kid's/fan's day? I wonder if 'Pep' would demand his keeper goes out of his way to save it at all costs?:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just received a River Plate away jersey and a Colombia jersey after buying both online for £26.97 including £4.50 p&p. Both are last year's shirts,so hardly out of date and both were selling last summer for around 60 quid each. Not a bad bargain i'd say! :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Be carefull, if you wear the R plate shirt you may upset some Boca Jnr fans !!!
:laugh: By coincidence a friend who's going on a South American cruise in March asked if he could borrow the River Plate jersey for when he visits Argentina. I only said to him the other night it'd be very dangerous as he could encounter some Boco Junior fans. Which would be like Liverpool fans meeting Man Utd fans!:ohmy:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Rubbish.

To get the winners killer instinct instilled you have to go out and slit the opposition's throats when the opportunity arises. Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry were both noted for slaughtering promising young pre-teen players in exhibition matches (Indeed Davis did that to a then 12 yo Hendry at one point). They learnt to show no mercy to anyone and that's how they both came to dominate the game in their respective eras. They scared the life out of other players and had most of them beaten before the match started.

AndyRM

XOXO
Rubbish.

To get the winners killer instinct instilled you have to go out and slit the opposition's throats when the opportunity arises. Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry were both noted for slaughtering promising young pre-teen players in exhibition matches (Indeed Davis did that to a then 12 yo Hendry at one point). They learnt to show no mercy to anyone and that's how they both came to dominate the game in their respective eras. They scared the life out of other players and had most of them beaten before the match started.

This. Plus the Burton players would be even more humiliated knowing that Man City were essentially taunting them.

Take it on the chin boys, and move on.

And I'm not necessarily saying it would have happened but all it would have taken would have been one showboat too far, a Burton player loses his head and *bang* a serious injury.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Similar thing happened at the Spurs v Tranmere game. I think it was good that Spurs went for it, even bringing Kane on with 15 minutes left. The Tranmere crowd hadn't gone home early because they wanted to see a top team and it's players perform.

pjd57

Veteran
Celtic were 9-0 up against Aberdeen a few seasons ago.
The last few minutes were mad with the crowd roaring for 10 , and the players were going for it.

gavgav

Guru
That’s never going to happen, they are professional players

Top Bottom