The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Be carefull, if you wear the R plate shirt you may upset some Boca Jnr fans !!!
IMG_20171017_120548.jpg

The only Boca store in Buenos Aires. Been there, got the t shirt

PaulB

Legendary Member

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xqT80uxIw

Oh let me check upon your curves instead of Ipswich Town reserves.... Is there a finer lyricist in our troubled nation?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seeing and hearing lots of faux outrage and hypocrisy over Leeds spying out Derby's training ground.

No rules were broken.

No laws were broken.

Shouldn't detract from the football lesson Leeds gave Derby last night. A brilliant performance in a fantastic atmosphere.

Of 22 players in any professional game, more than 20 will cheat by actively trying to con the referee.

It's therefore a bit rich for the large number of ex-pros in the media to call Leeds for 'cheating'.

Two wrongs do not make a right, but attempting to win a penalty to which you know you are not entitled is far more serious than peering through a gap in the training ground fence.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Seeing and hearing lots of faux outrage and hypocrisy over Leeds spying out Derby's training ground.

No rules were broken.

No laws were broken.

Shouldn't detract from the football lesson Leeds gave Derby last night. A brilliant performance in a fantastic atmosphere.

I was really surprised this was a big deal. If they hold training in a place where members of the public can see what's going on from a public right of way I don't see any problem

Trespassing, drone flying etc would be a different matter entirely

PaulB

Legendary Member
And they owe it to their fans to keep pressing till the end. People who pay a small fortune to watch their team wouldn't be too happy to see them give up at half time.
No, you're wrong there. Many times I've been at the home of my football team who proceeded to comprehensively destroy a worthless opponent and it's not a pretty sight at all. I recall one game in particular where we played some Finnish squad and tore into them going about 5-0 up at half time. In the second half, the home crowd were bored of what they were seeing so constantly going down to the kiosks (as we had then) for drinks and food. Every goal after about 5 was greeted with a mild ripple of applause but when our players stood aside and let the plucky Finns get a soft goal, the crowd erupted with massive cheers and shouts of approval! Honestly, it's boring to see a non-contest and makes people regret paying the money to go and witness it.

gavgav

Guru
Well done Shrewsbury a great fightback
I'm looking forward to the next round.

What a night!! My voice is still recovering!

30 years I’ve been supporting the Shrews and I’ve never seen a comeback like that, ever.

For 60 minutes we weren’t in the game at all, chasing shadows and playing poorly, but something changed and we started to put Stoke under some pressure, pushing bodies forward and it all turned on its head!

The 3 goals in 10 minutes was astonishing, up there with the best moments as a fan, amazing noise from the 1700 of us away fans. One of those “I was there” moments!!

Wonderful.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No, you're wrong there. Many times I've been at the home of my football team who proceeded to comprehensively destroy a worthless opponent and it's not a pretty sight at all. I recall one game in particular where we played some Finnish squad and tore into them going about 5-0 up at half time. In the second half, the home crowd were bored of what they were seeing so constantly going down to the kiosks (as we had then) for drinks and food. Every goal after about 5 was greeted with a mild ripple of applause but when our players stood aside and let the plucky Finns get a soft goal, the crowd erupted with massive cheers and shouts of approval! Honestly, it's boring to see a non-contest and makes people regret paying the money to go and witness it.
I doubt if the Finns were happy at being patronised like that. I wouldn't be.

Top Bottom