The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well at least we’ve both been knocked out of the Crapatrade trophy tonight @Accy cyclist . We can concentrate on proper competitions now, like the League and FA Cup!
Our manager wasn't happy about our loss. He's been saying all season that it was our only realistic chance of playing at Wembley for the first time in the club's history. I suppose there's the play offs,but that seems a bit distant now. I don't know how many rounds we were away from the final of this competition,but like you i'm not that bothered and going to Wembley is no big deal.:tired:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was at Wembley last night for the Spurs game against Chelski. A good win for Spurs, but they were a bit lucky in the 2nd half. Chelski piled on the pressure for 30 minutes and the Spurs defence were up against it. At the end it was a bit like anywhere will do to clear the ball. I'm not sure 1 goal is enough of a lead to take to Stamford Bridge.
On a better note , Barnet have been drawn at home against the Bees pretenders, Brentford, in the next round of the FA cup. C'mon you Bees^_^

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I was at Wembley last night for the Spurs game against Chelski. A good win for Spurs, but they were a bit lucky in the 2nd half. Chelski piled on the pressure for 30 minutes and the Spurs defence were up against it. At the end it was a bit like anywhere will do to clear the ball. I'm not sure 1 goal is enough of a lead to take to Stamford Bridge.
On a better note , Barnet have been drawn at home against the Bees pretenders, Brentford, in the next round of the FA cup. C'mon you Bees^_^

Watched it on TV - we (Chelsea) were the better team for most of the match although we obviously lack a decent striker. Strange to see Spurs on the back foot so much - unlike the last time we played them at Wembley!

gavgav

Guru
Our manager wasn't happy about our loss. He's been saying all season that it was our only realistic chance of playing at Wembley for the first time in the club's history. I suppose there's the play offs,but that seems a bit distant now. I don't know how many rounds we were away from the final of this competition,but like you i'm not that bothered and going to Wembley is no big deal.:tired:
I’ve been 5 times (1 to the old and 4 to the new) with Shrewsbury and we’ve lost the lot, so I’m not keen on a return anytime soon!

pjd57

Veteran
Poor old Burton. Lost 9-0.
The return leg is a sell out!
An early goal and maybe.....no.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
And Nigel Clough said he knew he was in trouble even before the draw took place as the 4 semi finalists were:
Spurs
Chelsea
Man City
Burton.

They didn’t stand a chance over two legs against any of the teams.

ozboz

Guru
Burton did very well to get to semis ,apparently there was motorway problems So fans had problems getting to the ground so a bad start to semi for them and it only got terribly worse not so predictable for us in the final .two good teams facing up for a good game , Spurs I fancy to play us ,

Last edited:

ozboz

Guru
Apparently the motorway problem for Burton fans getting to game with City was a truck load of illegal immigrants was nabbed on the M6 that held traffic for quite along time

Top Bottom