The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
No, me either. I pay good money to watch my team go full tilt and anything less would be unacceptable. Also, I've never been bored in my life watching my team score.
Well when it's so rare, you wouldn't be. When they're ten a penny, they become mundane.

PaulB

Legendary Member
My grandson' face was a picture last night when I asked him if he wanted to go to Anfield tomorrow! It was like Christmas morning all over again. He's six and this will be his fifth game at ours but his other grandfather takes him to see a different team but even at six years old, he senses the passion and drive from our lot and the difference between the two and much prefers the atmosphere and colour and noise at our place.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My grandson' face was a picture last night when I asked him if he wanted to go to Anfield tomorrow! It was like Christmas morning all over again. He's six and this will be his fifth game at ours but his other grandfather takes him to see a different team but even at six years old, he senses the passion and drive from our lot and the difference between the two and much prefers the atmosphere and colour and noise at our place.
6 years old and already so wise.
There is hope for humankind after all.

Slick

Guru
Pretty much a rank rotten weekend for sport for me this weekend. First, after what seems like a huge winter shutdown, I was really looking forward to my team's first match on Friday night before it was called off for a frozen pitch. Then the winter league at my golf club was cancelled because of overnight snowfall, not a huge amount but enough to ruin a game. I was thinking about the bike but laziness got the better of me and I settled for a derby game on the telly between a junior club and a lower league club. My expectations were not that high but I thoroughly enjoyed it in the end and Auchinleck Talbot were worthy winners producing a shock result that left United stunned. Well done boys. :thumbsup:

AndyRM

XOXO
Pretty much a rank rotten weekend for sport for me this weekend. First, after what seems like a huge winter shutdown, I was really looking forward to my team's first match on Friday night before it was called off for a frozen pitch. Then the winter league at my golf club was cancelled because of overnight snowfall, not a huge amount but enough to ruin a game. I was thinking about the bike but laziness got the better of me and I settled for a derby game on the telly between a junior club and a lower league club. My expectations were not that high but I thoroughly enjoyed it in the end and Auchinleck Talbot were worthy winners producing a shock result that left United stunned. Well done boys. :thumbsup:

Pleasing to see Ayr continue their tradition of WFAANW.

Slick

Guru
Excellent draw for the 5th round of the Scottish cup. Junior team Auchinleck rewarded with a glamour tie against Hearts at Tynecastle with my team heading down the 77 to Killie. Celtic got the last home draw........shocker.:eek:

Top Bottom