The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
upload_2019-1-26_17-2-4.png

Rubbish first half, much better second half.

matiz

Guru
Bad luck Shrews it was a great effort at least you have the consolation of a night out at the "Golden Palace"

Slick

Guru
Sounded like a war of attrition at Pittodrie today. Still, take a point from there any day, our record against Aberdeen has been abysmal for far, far too long.
Lots of dropped point still to come from everyone in the league. Certainly makes for a more interesting run in as recent seasons.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accrington manager absolutely raging on BBC 5 Live earlier regarding the red card his player got.
He was pissed off and rightly so. The referee was crap. He's a Premiership ref' as well. He only started to give Stanley free kicks 5 minutes before the end. The sending off was ridiculous!:cursing:

https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2019/01/watch-coley-after-derby/

matiz

Guru
So close!! Did you come over for the game? We played really well, but your 3 big guns changed the game when they came on. Looking forward to a trip to molineux next week.

Wolves only had 1500 tickets brother and daughter managed to get one hopefully I can make the replay.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Our manager has issued an explanation for his post match comments following Saturday's defeat to Derby. He's backed down,probably fearing some kind of sanction by the FA.
https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2019/01/statement-john-coleman/
I too would also like to say that yes it wasn't entirely the ref's crap reffing that cost Accy the game. As our manager pointed out after the game some of our players missed glaring chances to score against Derby. Headers over the bar when it would've been easier to score and passes to other players when they had clear shooting opportunities etc. Anyway,the defeat was slightly cushioned as Derby have been drawn away to either Brighton or West Brom in the next round,so we wouldn't have got a dream tie if we'd won. Yes i know clubs are given numbers for the draw,so the team that defeated you doesn't exactly go where you would've gone,but you know what i mean!

Top Bottom