The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A really good game at the Hive last night. Barnet 3-3 Brentford. Barnet came from behind twice and the penalty that was awarded to Brentford should never have been. There was no contact whatsoever, Tom Daley would of been proud of the dive. A good crowd, 6200+made for a great atmosphere. Roll on the replay at Griffin Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47036957

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
A really good game at the Hive last night. Barnet 3-3 Brentford. Barnet came from behind twice and the penalty that was awarded to Brentford should never have been. There was no contact whatsoever, Tom Daley would of been proud of the dive. A good crowd, 6200+made for a great atmosphere. Roll on the replay at Griffin Park.

It must have been a blatant dive because I saw that the player had apologised for it. They don't normally do that. Usually its "I thought I felt contact..."

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Both sets of fans will be buzzing after that enjoyable game i take it?:whistle: Your ticket office for the replay will be a hive of activity i take it?:rolleyes:

Sorry,i couldn't resist the naff comments. I have to endure similar with stuff like 'Who are they'.:smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
Divvent yer just love them Geordies, man?

Some result like. I knew their record was dismal against City, but hadn't realised you needed to go back as far as Michael Owen to find a league game winning goal scorer. Painful.

Sticking with Owen, sort of, he's also the Toon's most expensive player to date, at a scarcely believable £16m (from Real, in 2005). That looks like being broken today by Almiron from Atlanta FC for £20m.

A couple of loan signings are rumoured too, so just maybe this is a turning point in yet another season of trundling frustration for the Geordie faithful?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Some result like. I knew their record was dismal against City, but hadn't realised you needed to go back as far as Michael Owen to find a league game winning goal scorer. Painful.

Sticking with Owen, sort of, he's also the Toon's most expensive player to date, at a scarcely believable £16m (from Real, in 2005). That looks like being broken today by Almiron from Atlanta FC for £20m.

A couple of loan signings are rumoured too, so just maybe this is a turning point in yet another season of trundling frustration for the Geordie faithful?

I suspect that those holding the purse strings at NUFC have looked at the table and decided that there is a very good chance of staying up so are willing to allow some spending on the team to make sure that is the case. Had they been mired in the relegation zone I bet there would be no spending in anticipation of a relegation.....if you're going down you may as well go down as cheaply as possible

AndyRM

XOXO
I suspect that those holding the purse strings at NUFC have looked at the table and decided that there is a very good chance of staying up so are willing to allow some spending on the team to make sure that is the case. Had they been mired in the relegation zone I bet there would be no spending in anticipation of a relegation.....if you're going down you may as well go down as cheaply as possible

Only 5 points clear, albeit with a reasonable run of games ahead. Ashley has taken the pish for a long time now, and I think a third relegation would finally see the fans start to vote with their feet (which they should have done a long damn time ago). Certainly Rafa would be gone and he's one of the only positives around the club right now.

pjd57

Veteran
Freezing night in Glasgow but the football was pretty good.
Comfortable 2-0 victory for Celtic over St Johnstone.
The trip was fine, just had to walk out my street before getting on my bike.
Same on the way back.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not many teams play in 'old gold'and black (not yellow and black like Watford),but three were involved in FA Cup replays last night. On the subject of football strips,in the last month i've picked up 4 shirts for the bargain fee of £55. Last Summer's World Cup Colombia home and away shirts,a River Plate away one and the Germany World Cup one. No dodgy Chinese copies either! All new/tagged and in their original packaging.

gavgav

Guru
Fabulous evening at Molineux, we pushed Wolves as far as we could over the 2 games. Should make lots of money from the capacity 29,000 crowd and we now need to start winning in the league, quickly, to get out of the bottom 4!

Top Bottom