The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Messi was incredible, after all these years it's still amazing to watch him see & do things no other player even imagines.

postman

Legendary Member
After watching 'Pool getting turned over last night,i even turned the telly off then back on again later.Because i was getting frustrated at the type of football they were playing.Anyway as i was saying.I have decided to stop watching football forever,i am sick and tired of the drivel i have to watch my expectations are sky high then go down like a lead balloon.Well no more,i don't give a sweet fa anymore.

yello

Well no more,i don't give a sweet fa anymore.

Ah yes, as said by many a true supporter! It's a sign of emotional buy-in, not part-time painted face shenanigans, you can't turn your back on that so easily. The highs and lows, we love them and we'll be back for more. I've given up supporting that "useless bunch of overpaid tossers" so many times that I've more-or-less written it into my script.

AndyRM

XOXO
After watching 'Pool getting turned over last night,i even turned the telly off then back on again later.Because i was getting frustrated at the type of football they were playing.Anyway as i was saying.I have decided to stop watching football forever,i am sick and tired of the drivel i have to watch my expectations are sky high then go down like a lead balloon.Well no more,i don't give a sweet fa anymore.

Not sure if serious...

i don't give a sweet fa anymore.

From the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography:

"Few people who use the expression ‘sweet Fanny Adams’ know of its origin. However there was a time when it would have been instantly recognized, when the name Fanny Adams made sensational headlines, creating a wave of horror, revulsion, and pity. The story is simple but horrific."

I don't think the horror, revulsion and pity refer to last night's game, which was several cuts above your average kick about.

AndyRM

XOXO
From the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography:

"Few people who use the expression ‘sweet Fanny Adams’ know of its origin. However there was a time when it would have been instantly recognized, when the name Fanny Adams made sensational headlines, creating a wave of horror, revulsion, and pity. The story is simple but horrific."

I don't think the horror, revulsion and pity refer to last night's game, which was several cuts above your average kick about.

It was an excellent game. And I say that as a neutral with no love for either side. Suarez's goal was the highlight for me. Incredible poise and composure.

Klopp got that very wrong. When I saw the line up, I thought uh oh. You could argue the difference was one player but it's not like you don't know they have him. I am beginning to wonder if he quite has it in the big moments, not that I think there's anyone better, it's just like he's trying to be too clever but what do I know.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I want Arsenal start quickly tonight against Valencia to put them on the back foot but if they do what they often do - sit back and see what the other team is going to do - I fear they will give away the first goal... a vital away goal. Then their backs will be against the wall and the job will be very difficult from then on.

Hoping for the best.

You're following the wrong team, PM!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUXXpm5cK40XxnMP4UCmhXE6-FmD0NEONu9lRJwr7P8I-jlomR.png

:okay:

gavgav

Guru
Klopp got that very wrong. When I saw the line up, I thought uh oh. You could argue the difference was one player but it's not like you don't know they have him. I am beginning to wonder if he quite has it in the big moments, not that I think there's anyone better, it's just like he's trying to be too clever but what do I know.
I thought Liverpool played really well, but missed 3 good chances and Barca took their 2, followed by a moment of magic from Messi. How anyone can criticise Klopp after the phenomenal season Liverpool have had is beyond me

I thought Liverpool played really well, but missed 3 good chances and Barca took their 2, followed by a moment of magic from Messi. How anyone can criticise Klopp after the phenomenal season Liverpool have had is beyond me
Wandering, questioning, slightly disappointed but not criticising. Like I said; what do I know.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I fully agree. We were the better team for long periods of the game although I have to say their goals were superb. VVD could have moved quicker but Squarez' run was inch perfect, as was Messi's free kick.
Never mind, a simple 4 nil at Anfield will do it :okay:

Top Bottom