The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think Barnsley will hang on to second. Even if Pompey win the game in the hand, they'll still be behind by a point. But fingers crossed.....
We're coming down to spoilt your any hopes of automatic promotion,as we need your many fans who feed our coffers when you come up here!;) Though Barnsley brought nearly a full house this season,so I suppose it doesn't really matter which of you go up, either on Saturday or through the play-offs.:okay:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Thing is it was clear most of the players had stopped, not to mention the Leeds player being offside. It's the inconsistency of refs that causes this - some will stop play if a player is injured (or even just sits down waiting to be substituted) whilst other refs play on until a break in play. There needs to be a ruling.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Thing is it was clear most of the players had stopped, not to mention the Leeds player being offside. It's the inconsistency of refs that causes this - some will stop play if a player is injured (or even just sits down waiting to be substituted) whilst other refs play on until a break in play. There needs to be a ruling.
If the ref thinks a player needs immediate treatment he will stop the game, but he can't stop it very two minutes because someone has taken (Or pretended to take) a knock. Leave it as it is but leave it to the referee to decide and if the whistle doesn't go play on.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Refs generally will always stop a game of its a suspected head injury, which is the correct thing to do. Other injuries, or cramp, depends on the ref and maybe the position of the injured player. You can't have a player sitting or laying in the penalty area for instance.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thing is it was clear most of the players had stopped

So? He clearly saw the incident, and judged play could continue. The players are at fault 100% for not playing the whistle, everything else is irrelevant.

ETA - Given their coaching team, I'd be surprised if they didn't get a collective bollocking for stopping.

And yes, it's all laudable from Leeds, but given what Bielsa's decision has cost them, I'd expect he'll be answering some awkward questions from the board.

Last edited:
If you watch the highlights the Leeds player with the ball acted as if to kick it out, then punted it down the pitch.
I do agree though as a villa fan , you play to the whistle more so when playing against dirty Leeds :smile:

U

User169

Gotta say that Spuds new stadium is pretty good.

DP wasn't wrong in praising Ajax last week.

So far they have been more direct and positive with quick incisive passing and running into spaces making good angles.

Spurs look tired (mentally and physically) but were getting back into the game in the 10-15 minutes before the break.

Just spoke to my friends in Amsterdam and (being typically Dutch) are quietly confident.

Still a lot to play for.

COYS!

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Sunderland and Portsmouth both lost their game in hand, so Luton & Barnsley promoted!

Graeme Jones to be named as next Luton manager. Mick Harford did well though, after Nathan Jones jumped ship to go to Stoke. I expect Harford will go back to his regular job - he didn't want the permanent manager's job anyway. Championship next year!

Last edited:
Top Bottom