The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Stream no worky :sad:

Peter Crouch has called it a day!

A much underrated footballer, who performed at the highest levels with skill, success and an enviable goal-scoring record.

Nice tribute on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48965686

In a career spanning 20 odd years, he scored at just under a goal every four games, not bad considering he was a journeyman type of player.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Arsenal shooting themselves in the foot (or both feet) before the season even starts. Still chasing forwards when our weak defence is getting weaker, with Jenkinson, Chambers, Lichsteiner and Welbeck being surplus to requirements (maybe Ozil too), Cech retiring, Ospina and Ramsey leaving, and Koscielny wanting out with no obvious replacement unless we buy one. We don't have a lot to spend either.

So far we have bought just one player - an 18 year old who won't be ready for the first team - and are chasing another player who, if we get him, will immediately be loaned back to his present club, so he won't be of any use to us next season.

Now is the time for Kronke to invest for some top players! If he doesn't come up with more funds I'm not hopeful for a top four finish - in fact we might not even make top six.

gavgav

Guru
Peter Crouch has called it a day!

A much underrated footballer, who performed at the highest levels with skill, success and an enviable goal-scoring record.

Nice tribute on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48965686

In a career spanning 20 odd years, he scored at just under a goal every four games, not bad considering he was a journeyman type of player.

Scored his last professional goal, for Stoke at Shrewsbury. Happy I saw that, as always been a fan of his

PaulB

Legendary Member
Peter Crouch's autobiography is a breath of fresh air in the footballers' books market. Devoid of me me me selfishness, it describes his journey from freakishly tall boy to playing professionally at a very high level (I've always believed if Rafa had put him on earlier - from the start even - against AC Milan in Athens, we'd be on seven now, not a mere six). And it finishes beautifully as well.

AndyRM

XOXO
Steve Bruce has been appointed head coach of Newcastle, nobody is happy about this on Tyneside, and Sheffield United are considering legal action.

What a mess.

He'll probably be sacked before the legal ramifications of his apparently unaccepted resignation have been sorted out!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Steve Bruce has been appointed head coach of Newcastle, nobody is happy about this on Tyneside, and Sheffield United are considering legal action.

What a mess.

He'll probably be sacked before the legal ramifications of his apparently unaccepted resignation have been sorted out!
What I cant understand (there are actually lots I dont understand^_^) is, Ashley and his cohorts are not stupid. They have built up massive empires.
To let Raffa go and bring Bruce in is (imo) going to cost them mega-bucks in compo plus tv rights when they go down. That will have major impact on the clubs valuation.
Why did he not just give Rafa what he wanted as Ashley would surely benefit.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ashley's mind works in ways no-one can fathom at the time... who knows what trip-ups he's planning for the unsuspecting behind the closed doors at St James'.

Bruce was a disaster at Sunderland which the Toon thought hilarious... who's laughing now!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom