The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Found myself frustrated with VAR for the first time last night as it should never have taken so long for England's obvious penalty to be given, then for the defender to only be given a yellow was odd.

Anyway, another enjoyable game which the USA probably just about deserved to win. It's probably just as well the penalty was saved as both sides looked out on their feet; extra time would have been painful to watch let alone play.

U

User6179

Found myself frustrated with VAR for the first time last night as it should never have taken so long for England's obvious penalty to be given, then for the defender to only be given a yellow was odd.

I thought the rule was only give a yellow if a penalty is given as not to double punish the offending team.

U

User6179

You may be right. I was going off last man denying a clear goal scoring opportunity = red.

DOGSO Offence
Can you give a red card and a penalty?

Previously, the player to concede the foul would have been sent off under the "triple-punishment" rule, which sanctioned the offence with a red card, suspension and a penalty kick. ... If the offence is outside the penalty area, or if the foul is for holding or handball, then it will still be sanctioned with a red card.12

AndyRM

XOXO
DOGSO Offence
Can you give a red card and a penalty?

Previously, the player to concede the foul would have been sent off under the "triple-punishment" rule, which sanctioned the offence with a red card, suspension and a penalty kick. ... If the offence is outside the penalty area, or if the foul is for holding or handball, then it will still be sanctioned with a red card.12

Fair enough. Though I now feel over qualified to ever referee a game in the SPL.

England did better than I thought. Still too many mistakes though, turning your back on play and playing misjudged passes in your own half is at the least going to put you under pressure, which it did, often. Not enough Bronze's in the team really and I'm not a fan of VAR in it's current implementation.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Levo-Lon

Guru
England did better than I thought. Still too many mistakes though, turning your back on play and playing misjudged passes in your own half is at the least going to put you under pressure, which it did, often. Not enough Bronze's in the team really and I'm not a fan of VAR in it's current implementation.

They copied the England men strategy :laugh:. Any wonder they lost:banghead:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Seriously,what qualifications does he have apart from taking a relatively wealthy Championship club to a play off defeat? I'm not 'dissing' his appointment, I just wonder why the club has gone for an unproven manager. Surely his 'legend' status must have swayed it.
Wondering the same thing myself. Massive gamble for a big club.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Seriously,what qualifications does he have apart from taking a relatively wealthy Championship club to a play off defeat? I'm not 'dissing' his appointment, I just wonder why the club has gone for an unproven manager. Surely his 'legend' status must have swayed it.

Chelsea take lots of risks with managerial appointments - seems to work well for us.

Frank is a risk but what if it works out?

Not aimed at you but the media give us a lot of stick for not playing 'the youth' (whilst ignoring other big clubs that do exactly the same) and then give us stick for trying a fairly inexperienced manager. Can't win! Apart from (since RA bought the club in 2003)...

Trophies.jpg

Obviously the LFC CL Cup should be filled in (graphic slightly pre-dates the CL final).

Top Bottom