The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

A poor game so far. I hope Norway make more of a game of it 2nd half as they've disappointed so far. England worth their lead.

That's the first full game I've watched. Mixed views on it. Norway defended pretty badly and the game was just mired with mistakes, although I thought England moved and kept their shape well, with a great goal which Norway should have defended after the first set piece.

yello

That's the first full game I've watched. Mixed views on it.

With good reason; it wasn't a good game. There have been much better games than that in the tournament so far. Norway were poor and it made the game one sided. They can play much much better than that.

Their passing was sloppy and slow, they kept being caught in possession and they lacked urgency and variation. In fairness, England worked hard to close them down quickly and deny the space but it was nonetheless a poor performance from Norway and not the best of games (an excellent strike from Bronze though)

ozboz

Guru
82E468C0-C05F-4B41-A321-A80FFDA07CC1.jpeg

English Women’s Football Team........ 1917 !

Lullabelle

Banana
We have a guy in the office who is football obsessed, he talks about it from the second he walks in to when he goes home and all day in between. He has previously said that women's football isn't proper football :dry:

PaulB

Legendary Member
We have a guy in the office who is football obsessed, he talks about it from the second he walks in to when he goes home and all day in between. He has previously said that women's football isn't proper football :dry:
While he may be right in his assertion about the monkey tennis, people who are so obsessed with football are usually inadequate in other areas of life. They were always the ones at school who couldn't find/couldn't have/didn't want a girlfriend. My grandson is just like that at the moment but it's allowed as he's only six.

yello

They were always the ones at school who couldn't find/couldn't have/didn't want a girlfriend.

Hurrah! Someone else who has stumbled across one of life's great truths. I don't feel so alone now!

Have you ever noticed how the ugly are disproportionately represented in the ranks of successful sports people?

(BTW, just to be clear, I am not being serious, this is my sense of humour at play here. If it doesn't match yours then so be it but rest assured that I'm not proposing it as a real world scenario. E&OE Terms and conditions apply :smile: )

Top Bottom