The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It's always going to be a bit tarnished now. Whatever they decide to do. In the record books they'll be an asterisk next to 2020. You might say - it doesn't really count.

Not that I'm prejudiced in any way ;)
tarnished in what way?? league suspension due to risk of health or maybe some other rhetoric that suites your bias

Stephenite

Membå
tarnished in what way?? league suspension due to risk of health or maybe some other rhetoric that suites your bias
:wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
WestHam have problems as they don’t own their stadium so any games after the end of May might have to be played elsewhere because other events are planned.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
and every other team fan is hoping it gets cancelled so they can carry on the 30yr chant #unbearables

Don't under estimate the worth of 30-odd year old chants.

They are an important part of the fabric of football spectating.

When an elderly Peter Shilton shuffled along the touchline as a guest at one of the last games at Roker Park, the Sunderland fans chanted 'Tina' at him.

That referred to an affair he had with either a club physio or club manager's wife where he was playing at the time.

It was so long ago I can't remember which.

But trust away supporters to never forget.

MarkF

Guru
if the rules state that a title can be satisfied as long as 75% of the games have been played.........then that's the rules, whether anybody likes it or not

in golf, if rain, bad weather etc etc shortens the tournament, then the results stands even if only 18, 36, or 54 holes have been played.........cause thats the rules
But the reward is not the same, it can't be, l hope they get the title they deserve.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I'm an Arsenal supporter, so it could be argued that our team isn't likely to be involved in the major 'prizes' on offer in the premiership and likely to see the rest of the FA Cup matches abandoned. As I see it Liverpool are certs to win the Premiership (and fully deserve to) - but to award it to them now and cancel the rest of the season is very unfair on other clubs who still have much to play for, whether it be promotion, avoiding relegation or gaining one of the European cup places.

So somehow the authorities have to come up with a solution which is fair to ALL clubs. This will be very difficult because every club has to play others in the same division twice in a season (obviously). Some will already have faced an opponent twice, some will have played all their 'difficult on paper' matches and others still have a tricky finish to the season ahead of them. So if they don't adopt a 'pools panel' type of solution it follows that the matches will HAVE to be played, or the season abandoned and written off. I can't see any other option without disturbing NEXT season as well.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak