The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
It would be very, very funny if Liverpool were denied their title by this. Almost as funny as when Gerrard fell on his arse and f*cked it when they nearly won it last time.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
.... but most fans in social media ( may not be on CC) are laughing at the fact Liverpool won’t get the title they quite rightly deserve.....as they are miles away from any other club in the premier league.

the only thing they want is cancellation of the league to stop Liverpool winning the title....it’s on Twitter, sky sports links, bbc comments sections.....everywhere
These United fans get everywhere...:giggle:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I like Arsenal but they would be even better if they still had Ramsey.
True. He was a big loss but he priced himself out of it.

Now, do you think modern footballers could keep up with this fixture list? Its from a Luton Town programme from 1959. They played 20 matches between 21st February and 25th April - and then appeared in the 1959 FA Cup final (which, unsurprisingly, they lost 2-1).

Fixtures.jpg

So I reckon the season could be completed over the Christmas break! :giggle:

Stephenite

Membå
It's always going to be a bit tarnished now. Whatever they decide to do. In the record books they'll be an asterisk next to 2020. You might say - it doesn't really count.

Not that I'm prejudiced in any way ;)
Liverpool are so far ahead of all the also-rans that of course it will be remembered as being different, but there is no way that any rational, open-minded football supporter would think it has been "tarnished"......unless they are an irrational, closed-minded football supporter, and then their opinion wouldn't matter anyway. :rolleyes:

I thought that writing that bit at the bottom about not being biased followed by a big winking smiley gif thing would have been enough.

Of course I am biased. I support one football team to the exclusion of all others. That's the way it works. It's a game. It's fun.

Mike_P

Guru
To fit everything in what about fixtures played to complete 19/20 being taken also as the fixture for 20/21 for sides not promoted / relegated and sides promoted/ relegated not included in cup competitions

PaulB

Legendary Member
Top Bottom