The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
IMHO , I have a strong inclination that things are not good for the Football , if things do not improve it could be that next season may not get off the ground never mind finish this one, pessimism, yes it is, anyway there is a thread for the covid 19 so all should be in there

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Sent to me by a neighbour...

He's an MUFC fan. It's OK though, LFC fans have a sense of humour.

AndyRM

XOXO
That is not good news. My local non league team (South Shields) have spent a huge amount to get promoted, and it had worked, as they are 12 points clear at the top.

Surely this has to go up the divisions to be considered fair?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
That is not good news. My local non league team (South Shields) have spent a huge amount to get promoted, and it had worked, as they are 12 points clear at the top.

Surely this has to go up the divisions to be considered fair?
Maybe when next season starts (assuming it will), they should let the teams start with the number of points they have now. After all they don't have any problem when it comes to penalising clubs points for infringements, do they? So your team would start with a 12 point advantage. Seems fair to me.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Apparently Jersey FC have played 27 won 27 with a GD of 92.

And all results have been voided.

Seems harsh. Liverpool must be getting nervous now. I would like to see them win it, but if Jersey haven’t won then why should Liverpool?

AndyRM

XOXO
Apparently Jersey FC have played 27 won 27 with a GD of 92.

And all results have been voided.

Seems harsh. Liverpool must be getting nervous now. I would like to see them win it, but if Jersey haven’t won then why should Liverpool?

The meltdown from Liverpool fans would be hilarious.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Maybe when next season starts (assuming it will), they should let the teams start with the number of points they have now. After all they don't have any problem when it comes to penalising clubs points for infringements, do they? So your team would start with a 12 point advantage. Seems fair to me.
I can't agree with that. Each season is a separate entity and it should be left at that. All sports have been hit very hard by this shutdown, but that's life. Events like war and major epidemics change the norm and we just have to accept that's the way it is.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Assuming that the new season can start on time, just do the remaining fixtures of this season first and then start the new season at, say, end September. Cancel playoffs and make the league's straight promotion/relegation

Cancel the League Cup outright and make the FA Cup optional for next season

It's not perfect as sides would move up or down divisions at end September with no real time to adjust. But it's the best I've got.

ozboz

Guru
I have just been on a football site, all the ramblings of how to finish the season , finishing behind closed does comes up a lot ,
I visualised the Ref running around trying to enforce the 2 m rule !!😂😂😂

AndyRM

XOXO
The second series of Sunderland 'Til I Die has hit Netflix, for anyone after a lesson in how not to run a football club. I thoroughly enjoyed the first series (the tonal shift after the scudding by Celtic was incredible) and have added interest in this one as it will feature Killie legend James Fowler, now our Director of Football.

I live a stones throw from the SoL too, and enjoy recognising the streets it's been filmed on, they've kept it super local.

Top Bottom