The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think I might have been more surprised if they weren't tbh. Had to happen, didn't it?

It did. I think Chelsea FC should be given the title as we were definitely going to win it this year. ^_^

ozboz

Guru
Who remembers this ......

From Jaws
So we ignore public safety, ignore normal moralities , big possibility there maybe a need for more Nightingale Hospitals and temporary morgue’s
For a few Trophies,

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Trouble ahead for English Football?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...lan-resume-season-closed-doors-start-MAY.html

• The Premier League are working on plans to restart the season in early May
  • Games would be played behind closed doors, with season finished by July 12
  • Campaign must be completed by July 16 to avoid huge TV contract rebates
  • Sky, BT and international rights holders could demand as much as £762million
  • Rules on weakened teams and squad sizes could change to make things easier

There is not a hope in hell the season is getting restarted in early May.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think so. Same for all the so called 'top' leagues which have been bloated beyond comprehension and sustainability by TV money.

Tbh I'd like to see the absurd money bloat bubble burst - tired of hearing about players/managers earning 1/2/3/400k a week - much as I love football and supporting my team. World has gone mad.

I understand fully the supply and demand issue of top performers in all walks of life such as sport, music, film, TV etc but enough is enough imo. Strange that the some members of the demographics that buy Heat, OK etc seemingly adore people with immense wealth and earnings based on relatively unimportant, and often mediocre, levels of talent/skills.

If the arse falls out of the football money supply then I wouldn't mind getting back to how it was prior to the media billions flooding the game - it's become a bit like Formula 1; most seasons in the top leagues its a simple procession of the top, richer, teams heading for the flag and finish line from the off.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
The meltdown from Liverpool fans would be hilarious.
You do make some crap and inflamatory statements on this subject.....none of them helpful imo.
I am a life long LFC fan (well, since 1962**). I would dearly love my son to see us win the prem before I pop my cloggs.
But I wont be shedding tears if this virus causes us not to win it. Many more important things going on.
Yes, there are some very narrow minded LFC fans but you can say the same about any fan base.
** I used to enjoy watching ManU in the Ryan Giggs, Beckham days. Exiting, attacking football.

AndyRM

XOXO
You do make some crap and inflamatory statements on this subject.....none of them helpful imo.
I am a life long LFC fan (well, since 1962**). I would dearly love my son to see us win the prem before I pop my cloggs.
But I wont be shedding tears if this virus causes us not to win it. Many more important things going on.
Yes, there are some very narrow minded LFC fans but you can say the same about any fan base.
** I used to enjoy watching ManU in the Ryan Giggs, Beckham days. Exiting, attacking football.

Eh? Being amused by the thought of Liverpool not winning the title is inflammatory? OK...

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes it is. You are deliberately winding people up over football. Sorry, I think it out of place.

Winding people up over football?! Never!

Well, it's been fun CC, I'm away to throw myself at the mercy of the highest court in the land.

(I'm pretty sure I've already said it, but whatever form the title takes, Liverpool will deserve it. Best team in England by some margin this season. That said, fans of rival clubs will never, ever tire of reminding you that it isn't a 'real' league title, should things finish as they are.)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Winding people up over football?! Never!

Well, it's been fun CC, I'm away to throw myself at the mercy of the highest court in the land.

(I'm pretty sure I've already said it, but whatever form the title takes, Liverpool will deserve it. Best team in England by some margin this season. That said, fans of rival clubs will never, ever tire of reminding you that it isn't a 'real' league title, should things finish as they are.)
Have to agree......it will not feel like a real title.
I just read that Belgium have just closed the league with all teams standing in the places they are now in.

Top Bottom