The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Closed door games is a complete waste of time for me as that tripe from last weekend's Bundesliga proved. Obviously something needs to be done but closed door games would be my least favourite option.
Me too. I tried to watch one this week. No fans....no atmosphere and to make it worse nil nil.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So, the EPL to resume on 17th June behind closed doors. I watched what I think was the last game to be played by an English club, Wolves Europa League tie. That was behind closed doors and it was a very sterile watch, the players seemed to be putting in no more than 90% at the most without the atmosphere of a crowd to gee them up.

No other way of doing it of course, but it gives a very flat finish to the season.
The mid table teams with nothing to play for will have almost zero motivation. We could see some Teams in the relegation zone go on amazing runs As they are motivated to win. It could be a very odd but interesting season finale.

AndyRM

XOXO
West Ham and Ipswich for me. :eek:

I wouldn't have got Ipswich if I didn't live in a part of England where Bobby Robson is considered a saint.

Slick

Guru
Shame on you. West Ham are the only club to have won a European trophy with eleven Englishmen in the side. And the last club to have won the FA Cup with the same, back in 1975.
As much as I hate to admit it, Celtic winning it with 11 guys born within a stones throw of parkhead is much more impressive and probably explains why it sticks in my craw I mean my mind more. 😊

Top Bottom