The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I will bravely sit through the LFC Vs Everton game (for several reasons).
Its Fathers day so to improve matters I have some.......
Single malts
Prawn cocktail
Fresh bread with Camembert
Red wine.
It will be tough but someone has to do it

AndyRM

XOXO
I can't say I'm overly bothered by the lack of crowds/atmosphere - as a Kilmarnock fan I've been used to this for some time.

I do think it will have a negative impact on the so called 'best league in the world' though, because it's clear just how much it relies on atmosphere. Sky's marketing folks must be sweating a bit...

The other thing I've noticed is that commentators are really struggling to say anything interesting about the games.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah. But that’s not limited to post-Coronavirus. :rolleyes:

This is true, and part of the reason I've always preferred listening to radio commentary, it's generally much better, on 5 Live at least.

The only pundit I've got any time for is Pat Nevin*. His analysis and contributions are miles ahead of everyone.

*It's taken me a long time to get there with him. He was my favourite player when I was a young Kilmarnock fan, to the point where I saved up enough to have 'Nevin 7' on the back of my brand new Killie top. The day I got home with it he signed for Motherwell. Devastated doesn't even come close.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'd love to see an option to mute the commentary but keep the crowd noise (Not that there is any at the moment). There are some sports where a knowledgeable commentator adds to the experience, and some where it is just a nuisance. Football is in the later category, the game moves too fast for meaningful insight and you are only being told what you can see for yourself.

13 rider

Guru
Just watch MOTD couldn't really get excited by any of the games with the exception of Chilwells screamer . Just lacking the crowd atmosphere making the games a bit sterile

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Burnley “fans“ manage to soil themselves in public. Sad losers.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/burnley-white-lives-matter-banner_uk_5ef10e86c5b66877fc51e16e

AndyRM

XOXO

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What are you hoping happens to them,if they find out who flew the plane and who paid for the banner? They haven't committed a crime,they've voiced an opinion. Unless opinions are now 'thought crimes'.:rolleyes:
The article says they will get lifetime bans from Burnley's stadium if they can be identified.
It isnt a crime to have a racist opinion but fortunately it's becoming far less socially acceptable and football needs to be seen to act appropriately.

Top Bottom