The Football.....

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
btw remember when Arsene Wenger got so much stick for his comment about a top 4 place being almost as good as a trophy? Well look at those same people now. You would think getting into Europe was a matter of life or death!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Didn't Shearer win the golden boot when he won the premiership with Blackburn?
Twice with Blackburn from 1994 to '96,then the following season when at Newcastle. I know this only because i've just looked it up.:okay: He scored a very impressive 65 goals in 77 games :ohmy: in his consecutive winner seasons at Blackburn.

MarkF

Legendary Member
btw remember when Arsene Wenger got so much stick for his comment about a top 4 place being almost as good as a trophy? Well look at those same people now. You would think getting into Europe was a matter of life or death!
Yes, I think he was doing as well as he could (under constraints) and that was good. The abuse he suffered at the end must have been so painful, I contrast his exit with Forest and Clough, wow!

MarkF

Legendary Member
33 and gets around without a Zimmer frame! The wonders of modern science, eh?
There is a picture of him on holiday in a paper today, I had a midfield partner built like that, well into his 40's he had the body of a 21 year old. Vardy could play at 40 maybe in the Championship.

Stanley Matthews played top level football at the age of 50.
Yeah. But I suspect that he had a pair of magic boots like Billy in the Tiger/Scorcher comic strip.

PaulB

Legendary Member
How will the Manchester City - Real Madrid game go ahead without the ramifications affecting the sport?

Anyone from Britain going to Spain has to go into a 14 day quarantine on return. Now we hear they've lifted that particular requirement for Man City but yesterday, Manchester itself imposed increased lockdown restrictions so how will the Spaniards sidestep that one?

Dave7

Legendary Member
So Eddie Howe has left the building.
Sad really but expected.
Question is how do they replace him?
I read the ground only holds 11,000 so how can they attract or afford good players?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
So Eddie Howe has left the building.
Sad really but expected.
Question is how do they replace him?
I read the ground only holds 11,000 so how can they attract or afford good players?
Shame, I like Eddie but I don't think he will be out of work for long. Bournemouth have been overachieving for a good while now and it was mostly due to him. He had them playing some pretty decent football a couple of years back. If Eddie lands a job at a wealthier club I think he will do well.

I see Ake is being sold, so Bournemouth will have at least £41 million to play with, but they might need that if they have players on decent money and they have dropped to the Championship. Unless there were clauses in their contracts to reduce their pay if relegated, the club might struggle and have to use part of that £41 million.

Top Bottom