The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
This is getting f*cking tedious now.

I don't consider all footballers privileged. Because they aren't.

But the ones who have the money, could and in my opinion should support other employees of their clubs.

Because they wouldn't have a club to play for if those people didn't work there too.
But how do you know they are not using that money for other good reasons....

casing point Sadie mane, Liverpool legend......earns millions a year and walls around with a smashed iPhone, when asked why doesn’t he renew it, he stated I don’t need to replace such items as they still work, my family and community need my money more than me.....so he paid for hospital to be built in his home town in Gana.......but you don’t see those things, you just see a privileged wealthy footballer earning millions

jowwy

I don't do twitter or facebook. Although is that really the media or just random people making uninformed comments which largely should be ignored?
It’s both to be quite honest...........

AndyRM

XOXO
But how do you know they are not using that money for other good reasons....

casing point Sadie mane, Liverpool legend......earns millions a year and walls around with a smashed iPhone, when asked why doesn’t he renew it, he stated I don’t need to replace such items as they still work, my family and community need my money more than me.....so he paid for hospital to be built in his home town in Gana.......but you don’t see those things, you just see a privileged wealthy footballer earning millions

I know quite a lot about what footballers contribute to society, and I value their contributions, but thanks for that.

Sadio Mané is Senegalese, not Ghanaian, just so you know.

jowwy

Interesting, well im glad i don't seem to be missing anything...

What about Politicians? Directors of Banks and Mega Corporations? Are they ex footballers too?
To be honest I’ve not seen them being attacked on here, as much as I see footballers.........but lisn’t anybody you want, if they earn it, they have a right to do what they want with it. They shouldn’t be attacked for their wealth or be classed as privileges, to me it just smacks of jealousy.

but that’s just my opinion.

jowwy

I know quite a lot about what footballers contribute to society, and I value their contributions, but thanks for that.

I apologise for getting his home country wrong.........

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
To be honest I’ve not seen them being attacked on here, as much as I see footballers.........but lisn’t anybody you want, if they earn it, they have a right to do what they want with it. They shouldn’t be attacked for their wealth or be classed as privileges, to me it just smacks of jealousy.

but that’s just my opinion.
Attacked on here? I thought you were talking about the media as you referenced that earlier on... I can't speak for the forum members, but the media aren't just on the backs of footballers...

jowwy

Attacked on here? I thought you were talking about the media as you referenced that earlier on... I can't speak for the forum members, but the media aren't just on the backs of footballers...
I think a said social media......but I stand corrected if a did state the media

PaulB

Legendary Member

On the Liverpool front, you would not believe where I spent most of Monday this week. I was in a queue at the ticket office at Anfield!

Surely not, what is the point when there's no football for ages and it'll be a very long time beyond that before fans can go back in to games again?

Well what they've done is to take notice of what they have to do with attendees re-the virus and have decided this is as good a time as any to rid the club of the hangers-on. There are people for instance who have 6 or more season tickets in their ownership some - if not all - of which do not actually belong to them. They've been left in wills and won in gambling debts amongst other things. Some are known to sell these tickets at (as you can imagine) a great profit and are making thousands a year that they're not actually entitled to.

Liverpool don't mess around with tickets. It's a policy amongst the real fans that not one penny more than the price listed on the actual ticket should be paid. I've seen touts have the tickets ripped out of their undeserving hands on many occasions.

The big problem a lot of people are having is the joke of a website the club have been using for quite some time. The deadline for registrations for your own ticket(s) is (was) today but that's now been extended due to the distress caused in genuine cases, like some of the ones I saw on Monday. It's difficult to say if you are properly on the system with the uncertainty and equivocal way the information is given to you. The stewards monitoring the offices(!) all knew why the people were there and were expressing the deepest sympathies with most of them.

You'd have thought a big derby game was coming up or something and non season ticket-holders just there for the obligatory photographs were coming up to people in the queue asking why we were there. They obviously didn't want to miss out on an upcoming game they'd missed out on the information for.

Last edited by a moderator:

jowwy

maybe the scouser that met me outside a pub on the outskirts of liverpool that sold me martin Skrtels tickets isn't aware of this policy that you write about

Liverpool don't mess around with tickets. It's a policy amongst the real fans that not one penny more than the price listed on the actual ticket should be paid. I've seen touts have the tickets ripped out of their undeserving hands on many occasions.

as i paid £250 for one ticket and £500 for the other........

Last edited by a moderator:

jowwy

You paid £750 for a pair of football tickets?

I hope it was a good game.
Including the hotel and travel i paid circa £1200........for the game and 1 night in the liverpool suite at the Malmason ( not sure of the spelling )

It was liverpool V spurs april 2nd 2016......40th birthday present from my Mrs

AndyRM

XOXO
Including the hotel and travel i paid circa £1200........for the game and 1 night in the liverpool suite at the Malmason ( not sure of the spelling )

It was liverpool V spurs april 2nd 2016......40th birthday present from my Mrs

Well done you. I hope you had a lovely time.

It's called "The Kop Suite" by the way. Not that it matters particularly, but like Jamie Vardy said...

jowwy

Well done you. I hope you had a lovely time.

It's called "The Kop Suite" by the way. Not that it matters particularly, but like Jamie Vardy said...
Kop suite, liverpool suite, chocolate sweets....
Why be so pedantic???

Top Bottom