The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Aye, awright Billy Joel.
I stayed there once, enjoyed it and had a good night. I’m sorry I didn’t know the actual correct name of the room, but I can post pictures of what’s in there if you want?..

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Go wild. Pictures of hotel rooms are fascinating.
It had its own footy table and sort of in room hot tub

Slick

Guru
It's not a simple question at all really, and others have raised interesting thoughts about it. My own would be that the wealthiest in any profession or society should be prepared to take a hit so that the less well off can survive. That's how taxation should work, but unfortunately it does not.

I don't think that footballers are being 'targeted' either. I think the press around football has been pretty positive recently, particularly the support for BLM, which is massive. Unfortunately, as @Slick has pointed out, there are always some idiots who ruin that.

There's something really weird about the Bolingoli incident he's mentioned. Celtic should be getting absolutely hammered by the authorities for that, but nothing seems to be happening. And as for Aberdeen, if anything having a match postponed will work in their favour, because they won't be missing 8 players. Scottish football is mind bendingly ridiculous at times.

It's definitely weird, but the SPFL have finally started proceedings today against both clubs, and to be fair, I think the idea was to punish Aberdeen by making them play without their players who were isolating until Nicola stepped in and told them all how it is.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Barcelona 2 Bayern Munich 8.

Given recent form the result is not a surprise, but the scoreline…

Setien will no doubt get his marching orders, for a situation not of his making.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Best game I ever saw at Camp Nou was when Liverpool beat them deservedly and Craig Bellamy celebrated his goal by swinging an imaginary golf club at John Arne-Riise's head.

They are a fickle crowd who show no belief in their team though. They start out brilliantly with that famous song of theirs and when they're winning, it's all sweetness and light. Once it looked as though Liverpool were going to win though, they quickly became embittered and began throwing things at their own players. A secretary I worked with at the time had a Catalonian boyfriend who was a fan of the club and after this game, she told us he became abusive to her and she felt threatened by his behaviour. He refused my offer of a ticket to Anfield because he knew they were going out!

And then there's the most recent game against them at Anfield. Slips my memory a bit, can anyone (not you - obviously) remind me please?

MarkF

Guru
Barcelona 2 Bayern Munich 8.

Given recent form the result is not a surprise, but the scoreline…

Setien will no doubt get his marching orders, for a situation not of his making.

Yes, not his fault, if you bring in a guy you didn't really want, the players are not going to buy into whatever he wants to do. Tough times, ageing expensive squad and skint, a combination that can't be fixed quickly.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think a big part of the problem at Barcelona is Messi. They have bent over backwards at every opportunity to keep their HGH riddled science experiment happy.

On the radio earlier, someone was saying that there's a clause in his contract that if he's "not happy" at the end of a season he can walk away without consequence. Madness.

MarkF

Guru
I think a big part of the problem at Barcelona is Messi. They have bent over backwards at every opportunity to keep their HGH riddled science experiment happy.

On the radio earlier, someone was saying that there's a clause in his contract that if he's "not happy" at the end of a season he can walk away without consequence. Madness.

He's been the best player in the world for over a decade, probably the best ever player, he'd call the shots and possibly be a problem at any club. Alba, Rakatic, Suarez, Vidal, Busquets & Pique are all over 30 and all past their best and bar Suarez, all should have been moved on a couple of years ago. They spent £100m+ on Griezmann who doesn't suit them and is 30 next and then sign Martin Braithwaite because they are skint!

Any new coach has a huge job there and the Nou Camp is still a drab, roofless concrete bowl after all the money going in and out of the club in the past 20 years. What a mess!

AndyRM

XOXO
He's been the best player in the world for over a decade, probably the best ever player, he'd call the shots and possibly be a problem at any club. Alba, Rakatic, Suarez, Vidal, Busquets & Pique are all over 30 and all past their best and bar Suarez, all should have been moved on a couple of years ago. They spent £100m+ on Griezmann who doesn't suit them and is 30 next and then sign Martin Braithwaite because they are skint!

Any new coach has a huge job there and the Nou Camp is still a drab, roofless concrete bowl after all the money going in and out of the club in the past 20 years. What a mess!

Big claim! I'd say that Ronaldo is better, but it's pretty incredible to have had them both playing at the same time.

Totally agree that Barca is a mess. Complete restructure required, which isn't going to be easy. Or quick.

Far too complacent in recent seasons, so a boot up the arse is probably exactly what was required. Although that hammering was a bit extreme...

MarkF

Guru
Big claim! I'd say that Ronaldo is better, but it's pretty incredible to have had them both playing at the same time.

Totally agree that Barca is a mess. Complete restructure required, which isn't going to be easy. Or quick.

Far too complacent in recent seasons, so a boot up the arse is probably exactly what was required. Although that hammering was a bit extreme...

For me it's Messi because he can manipulate a football like no other player ever has. I wonder who will play the longest? Ronaldo has stopped going past players but looks like he could play in top a league past 40, I hope Europe doesn't lose either for while yet.

AndyRM

XOXO
For me it's Messi because he can manipulate a football like no other player ever has. I wonder who will play the longest? Ronaldo has stopped going past players but looks like he could play in top a league past 40, I hope Europe doesn't lose either for while yet.

True, I go with Ronaldo because of his versatility, and achieving stuff at every club he's been to. And that's not the 'yeah but could Messi do it on a rainy night in Stoke?' thing, which is just bollocks. Also think he contributes more to his national side, he dragged Portugal to that Euro win pretty much single handedly.

I reckon Ronaldo will go on longer. He's an absolute machine physically.

AndyRM

XOXO
Did not expect Lyon to win tonight. Man City sounded like they couldn't be bothered.

Must be Bayern's competition to lose now, although perhaps they peaked too soon last night?

I'm liking the single game knockout format. Be cool if that's stuck to, because I reckon that's how it should be. European football should be a straight knockout competition all the way through, and only have the winners of leagues for the 'Champions League' and the winners of the main domestic cup as a second tier competition.

It's not called 'The League of Teams who Finished 5th, but Because of Co-efficients Got through on Some Weird Rule"

I will caveat this by saying I have no idea how Lyon got in. Pretty sure they were 7th in Ligue Un last year?

Top Bottom